Chapter 6

(Sarah's POV)

When morning came, I slowly woke up. "Good morning." Carly whispered. I glared at her for absolutely no reason. "There is no such thing as a good morning." I said, sitting up and rubbing my back before I smiled slightly. "Sorry, I'm just a bit grumpy today."

She smiled a little. "It's alright." I stood up and my legs wobbled a little. "Thanks."

"Welcome." She said and then moved over to Nadir. "Erik went on a ride this morning. You just missed him." She said as she shook Nadir shoulder to wake him. "Okay." I said as I ran a hand through my hair. "Whenever we get to Persia, I'm brushing my hair and taking a long bath!"

She laughed a little and nodded. "Same here."

"Do you want me to go dish up some food for the four of us?" I asked as I straightened my rumpled dress. "Yes, please." she said as Nadir woke up. I did just what I said and soon returned with three bowls. "I'll get Erik's when he comes back."

She nodded and began to eat. She looked over at Nadir and smiled, "I think you have all your color back. That's a good thing." He smiled and after swallowing his bite of soup said, "Yes, I do feel nearly recovered. Thanks to your kind and considerate care."

She shrugged. "It's my job." She replied simply. "And you do it well." He said as he resumed eating. She smiled a little and then looked back down at her meal to finish eating. I finished mine and took the dishes from them, setting them outside.

(Carly's POV)

While she was outside, I looked at Nadir. "Would you like to try to stand?" He nodded and said, "I might need some help but I would like to."

"I'll help. Don't worry about that." I said as I held out my hand to him. He took my hand firmly in his and began to try to stand. I pulled him up and smiled as he stood. "You're taller than I thought." I said as I looked at him.

He laughed a little and gripped my hand like a vice so he could stay upright. "When ones laying down its hard to tell height."

"True." I laughed slightly. "Are you alright? How do you feel?"

"A little light headed." He said as he loosened his grip. "But, overall, I think I'll survive."

I smiled. "Let's try walking, alright?" I said as I moved to his side and held his arm. "I've got you."

"Thank you." He replied, seeming slightly embarrassed he had to hold onto a woman to keep himself upright but it was necessary. He took a few steps. I smiled at the progress we were making. "Very good, Nadir." He didn't exert any energy trying to respond, but instead focused on walking. I opened the tent and smiled. "The air will do you some good."

He stepped out and again his head swam a little and he swayed on his feet. "It is refreshing."

"Let's sit." I whispered as I had him sit on the ground in front of the tent. "I'm very proud of you, Nadir. You did great." He gratefully sat down and gave a short laugh. "Thank you. Sometimes I forget I'm not quite as young as I once was and don't bounce back as quickly."

I looked at him. "You must only be in your twenties." I said.

"I'm in my mid-thirties." He said, correcting me gently. "Oh." I said as I looked away. "I consider it a compliment that you think me so young." He said with a smile.

I nodded and smiled a little. "Well, I'm in my late twenties." I said with a shrug. "You look much younger." He said softly. "Thanks." I smiled softly. "You're welcome. I only told the truth." He replied. I smiled a little more and then notice Sarah sitting there. "When do you think Erik will get back?" I asked.