Chapter 26

(Erik's POV)

"Sarah?!" Carly said as she patted Sarah's cheek again and lightly shook her shoulders. "Wake up!"

I darted to her side instantly and cradled her in my arms. "Nadir, get some smelling salts!" I shouted to him. Sarah was completely unconscious. Nadir quickly ran off to get the smelling salts. "You know, I thought you would faint." Carly mumbled softly to her as Nadir came back and handed the salts to Erik.

I laughed slightly and waved the salts beneath her nose. Her eyes fluttered slightly. "Sarah?" Carly whispered softly.

(Sarah's POV)

I came back to consciousness and looked at her. "Don't surprise me like that!" I groaned and felt my pounding head. "If you two are joking..." I said with a glare.

Carly laughed and shook her head. "I promise. We aren't joking." She said. "This is for real."

My eyes widened. "Wait...have you two even said 'I love you'!" I said, shocked that they were together so quick.

She nodded and laughed softly. "We told each other after we were engaged." She said and then looked over to see Reza's reaction, he hadn't said anything yet. I looked over at Reza as well to see what he was thinking.

Reza had the biggest smile in the whole world. He couldn't stop smiling if he tried. Then all of a sudden he ran over to her and gave her a huge hug. "Best birthday present ever." He whispered. I smiled and Nadir just grinned. Soon we all were grinning.

Carly picked him up and hugged him. "I know it's all so soon." She told them all, "So, we are having the wedding in the spring."

I sighed and relaxed against the couch. "That's a relief. I was worried that I was going to have quick plan a wedding."

She laughed and sat down in a chair with Reza in her lap. "I thought you already started?"

"Yes, but they're only ideas. We would have to cement it all down." I said.

She nodded and smiled, "You have time though. No rush."

I sighed and smiled happily. "That's probably good. This whole relationship has blossomed very quickly."

Carly nodded. "Yeah, it has." I said softly. I then looked down at Reza, "Do you think you can help me pick out a ring?" She asked. He nodded and smiled widely. "Yes!"

I grinned and glanced at the clock. "Why don't you all go ring shopping today? You have enough time."

"That sounds good to me." She said as she looked over at Nadir, he smiled and nodded. "Sounds good to me too."

I grinned. "I'm glad. You can't be properly engaged until there are rings."

She laughed and nodded. "Yeah." She said as she stood up. Nadir stood and took Reza from her, "We'll see you all soon." I said. I laughed and watched them go. "They're perfect for each other, Erik." I said.

"Yes, they are." He agreed as we watched them go.

(Nadir's POV)

I sent for the carriage and it soon arrived. "I know the perfect jeweler to get the ring from." I said to Carly.

"Who?" She asked as she climbed up and sat down.

"His name is Darius Asád. I went to him for my last marriage." I said softly. She nodded and held Reza in her lap. "That's good that you know him." She said.

"It is!" I smiled at her. "He'll find the perfect ring for us."

(Carly's POV)

"Good." I smiled softly and played with Reza's hair. Sometimes I wanted to say something about his wife. Sometimes I wondered if he still did love her. But, I never spoke about it.