Chapter 18

(Sarah's POV)

I saw Carly crumple and soon dropped down by her side, calling her name and trying to wake her up. Nadir and Erik were soon beside me and Nadir gently picked her up to carry her back into the house. Erik followed us into the house. "What do we do?" He whispered.

I began checking her vital signs. She was still alive and didn't seem to be in too much danger, just unconscious. "Nothing. There's nothing we can do except keep an eye on her and make sure nothing changes for the worse. I'm surprised she's even alive."

"Maybe it's a sign." He mumbled.

"Of what?" I asked.

"That she's meant to stay here." He said.

"Perhaps it is. I hope she sees that. I don't think she could survive another strike." I said as I sat down beside my unconscious friend.

"I don't think she could either." Erik whispered.

I pulled Erik into one-armed hug. "I can't lose my friend. We'll have to talk her into staying." I said and then I looked at Nadir to see how he was doing.

(Nadir's POV)

"She doesn't want to stay." I whispered softly.

"I don't know why she wouldn't." Sarah said quietly as she tried to smile at me. I sighed. "This isn't her world."

"It could become hers. Like it has become mine." She said as she looked back at her friend.

"She doesn't like me, Sarah." I whispered.

"She will! I think she wasn't interested because she thought she was going back." She said. I sighed and looked at Carly. "I hope your right."

"I am right. She'll love you one day." She said with a bright smile.

"One day." I repeated.

"One day." She said again. "She'd made a great wife." She said with a wink at me. I smiled softly. "Reza does need a mother."

"She'd be a good mother." She said as she walked over to sit by my. I nodded. "I think so too." I then looked at the time. "It's very late. You both need to get to bed." I had already put Reza to bed.

"I can't go to sleep." Sarah said. "I have to watch her."

"I'll watch her." I said. "She watched over me, so, I'll return the favor."

"And, I'm the doctor. We'll watch her together." She said. I nodded. "Alright."

"Let's take her to her old room here and we'll sit with her." Sarah said as we stood up. I nodded and stood. I picked her up and carefully carried her to her old room. She followed me and I noticed out of the corner of my eye, Erik going to his room. I laid her down on the bed and sat down in a chair. Sarah sat down in a chair beside me and the bed.

We stayed like this for hours until finally I saw signs of Carly waking up. Sarah jerked herself awake and moved to sit beside Carly. "Carly?"

Carly's POV)

I hurt all over. I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't. "Hmm?"

I felt someone take my hand and I assumed it was Sarah. It was confirmed when I heard her voice."Carly, how do you feel?"

"Bad." I muttered out.

"Well, you're lucky to be alive, getting hit by lightning and all." She said with a slight laugh.

"I'm....never.....getting.....home...." I whispered.

"That's probably true. But, can't you be happy here?" She said softly. I thought for a while before answering. "Maybe."