Chapter 35

(Carly's POV)

I smiled and carried Sarah's wedding dress that Erik had made for her down to her room. "Sarah?" I asked as I knocked. I heard her hurrying to the door and then she opened it. "Hey, Carly. You got the dress?" She asked.

I nodded and showed her. "Erik made it."

Her jaw dropped as she took the dress from me. "This is fit for a queen! Not for someone like me." She whispered.

"You are a queen." I told her as I walked inside. "Let's put it on. We don't have much time."

She nodded and slipped off the dress she was wearing so I could help her get into this one. "You're right, we don't. It's hard to believe I'm getting married so quickly."

I helped her into the dress and nodded. "I know! He just asked you last night!"

She laughed and sat down in a chair to let me work with her hair. "We barely had time to be engaged!"

"Just a few hours!" I laughed and brushed her hair. "Nadir and I have been engaged for a few months." I whispered.

"Maybe you'll marry here. Or Paris even. I'm sure you'll marry soon." She said.
"I don't even know anymore." I said as I started to braid her hair.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"We haven't talked about it that much." I said. I looked down at my ring, "I'm still waiting though."

"I'll talk to Nadir about it. I'm sure with all the confusion with the moving that he hasn't had a moment to think about it. He'll marry you though. I know he will." She said as she lightly squeezed my hand.

"You don't have to talk to him about it." I said as I sat down in front of her and began on her nails. "People usually are engaged for like a year in our time."

She held her hand still as she thought for a moment. "Perhaps once he gets a job and can support you properly he'll marry you."

"Maybe so." I said. I looked up at her. "Erik is letting Reza hold the rings for the wedding." I smiled.

She giggled. "What does he think of that job?"

"He is trying his best not to lose them." I laughed.

(Sarah's POV)

I threw back my head and laughed. "I hope he doesn't." I felt my empty finger. Erik's engagement ring for me was going to be my wedding ring and it suddenly felt very wrong for my hand to be empty.

"He won't." Carly promised and finished with my nails. I smiled and blew on my fingers to help the polish dry. "When is the minister going to be here?" I asked.

"In about..." We then heard a carriage pulling up. "Now!" My heart suddenly started racing. "It's nearly time!" I said with a giggle. Soon, I would be a married woman.

(Erik's POV)

I paced back and forth in fathers office. I had enough time to go out and buy me a tux and it looked rather nice I thought. The only trouble I had was with my bow tie.

Father chuckled slightly as he watched me pacing back and forth. "Calm down, Erik. It won't do any good to pace."

"I can't stop." I said as I tried to loosen my bow tie, but it tightened instead. He laughed a bit and stood up. "Let me see if I can get this to work. I used to be good with one of these things. Back when I had to tie my own." He said as he worked on my bow tie.

I nodded and stood still. "I'm sorry this is all so sudden."

"Don't apologize." He said as he fixed the tie. "There is nothing wrong with a quick marriage. You love her, she loves you -- there is no reason in the world you should wait."