Chapter 28

(Sarah's POV)

I poked around the kitchen and frowned. "Erik, do you have any idea for something we could make them for a special meal? I'm afraid my cooking talents are rather limited."

"Why do we need to make them a meal?" Erik asked as he leaned against the counter.

"Because this is a special point in their lives. It's only proper if we do something for them." I said as I investigated a cabinet to see what I could find.

"I don't think we have to." He said as he looked at me.

I turned to him and scowled. "Yes, we do." I said. "If you don't want to help, you may go into the living room and leave me alone. I can probably figure it out." I said as I flipped through a cookbook I had found.

He sighed, "I'm sorry, Sunshine. I just don't really see the point." He walked over to me, "But, I would like to help."

"It's a kind thing to do. Mostly it's the thought behind it that counts." I said as I leaned forward and kissed him quickly. "Thank you for being willing to help though." I smiled.

He nodded and smiled softly, "I'll do anything to make you smile."

"Be here with me and I'll smile." I said as I found a recipe I thought Carly and Nadir would like.

"I'll always be here." He promised.

"Thank you." I said as I hugged him quickly. "You don't know what that means to me." I whispered.

He smiled and kissed my forehead. "You'll always be here too, right?" He asked softly.

"Always. You're stuck with me, Handsome." I said with a smirk. "Completely stuck."

"I'm hardly that." He said.

"Yes, you are to me. You're very handsome." I removed his mask and kissed the tiny part left of his nose.

He smiled at me and kissed my cheek. "I'm glad you think me that, Love."

"I do." I smiled and hugged him quickly before letting him go and picking up the cook book. "Now, let's get down to business." I skimmed over the ingredients. He nodded and began picking up the ingredients needed.

I carefully measured everything out and mixed it together. "Erik, would you boil the meat?" I asked as I pointed to some lamb. I'd never had lamb and had always wanted to try it.

He nodded once more, "Of course." He said as he took out the meat and put it into the pot and filled it with water. I smiled and carefully finished mixing. We would batter the meat with the concoction that I had made.

As we worked, Erik began to hum softly. I smiled as I listened to him. "Sing me something, please?" I asked as I looked up at him.

"Anything for you." He said and then began singing a song he had composed. I grinned as he sung to me. I couldn't help but sway along with the music.

He smiled and as the meal cooked, he walked over to her and held out his hand, still singing might I add. I took his hand and held it tightly, my eyes locked on him and a happy smile set on my face. He smiled at me and pulled me into a dance.

I happily held onto him while we danced. I was so lost in his golden eyes I danced well for the first time in my life.

"You're an excellent dancer." He told me as he spun me around.

I laughed a little and shook my head. "I'm not that good. All I'm doing is copying you." I said with a smile.

He laughed and shook his head, "I'm not the best dancer, dear."