Chapter 31

(Sarah's POV)

A week later, I was sitting in the living room reading one of the books that Erik had given me when I heard a knock on the door.

I stood up and opened it. "Oh! Erik, good morning." I said as I let him into the house.

"Good morning." He smiled as he walked in and handed me back my Bible. "The Lord has certainly given us a wonderful day to celebrate Reza's birthday, hasn't he?"

My eyes lit up as I heard what he said. "You believe don't you?" I said happily. He nodded and smiled again. "Yes, I do."

I flung my arms around him and grinned brightly. "I'm so happy!"

He hugged me back and spun me around. "Me too!"

I kissed him before responding, "This means nothing will ever separate us again! Not even death."

"Promise?" He whispered.

"Promise." I said as I kissed his cheek. "On my honor."

"Good." He smiled and then kissed me. I kissed him back. We parted and then Erik walked over to the couch and sat down. "What did you get Reza?"

I gestured towards a wrapped box. "Drawing paper and pencils. He's so good at drawing."

He smiled. "I made him a toy. I hope he likes it."

"I'm sure he will." I said as I settled down beside him on the couch.

"Nadir went into town and is getting two puppies." He said. "One for Reza and one for Carly."

I grinned. "They'll love that! Carly has always wanted a dog but said she never had time for it. But, now she will."

He smiled, "The party is going to start soon."

"Let's head over now." I said as I picked up my gift and walked to the door. Erik took my hand and led me over to the house. I followed him and added my gift to the small pile of gifts that were there.

(Carly's POV)

I walked out of the kitchen and smiled. "Hey!" I had just got done with making Reza's cake.

"Hey!" Sarah said as she hugged me gently. "Where's the birthday boy?"

"In his room." I smiled. "I'm having him draw me a picture while he waits for Nadir to get home."

She grinned. "Perfect! What kind of dog is Nadir getting?"

I thought for a moment. "The Persian Mastiff."

"Oh! Those are big dogs." Sarah said. I nodded. "Yeah, they are." I smiled and then heard the carriage pull up. She smiled and hurried outside to see the puppies that Nadir had bought. I followed her and saw that Nadir actually had two puppies with him. I watched as he walked to the stables and hid them in there.

Sarah just grinned and led me back into the house. "Shall I go get Reza?" She asked. I nodded and smiled. "Yeah."

(Sarah's POV)

I smiled and ran up to Reza's room and knocked on the door. "Can I come out now?" Reza asked as he opened the door.

I nodded and grinned. "Yes, you may."

He smiled. "Thank you!" He said and then ran pass me into the living room. I laughed and followed him at a slightly slower pace.

(Carly's POV)

I smiled and heard Nadir walk in just as Reza ran in. "Happy birthday, Reza!" Sarah arrived a moment later and echoed them. "Happy birthday!"

Reza smiled widely and jumped up and down. "Thank you! Thank you!" She laughed and hugged him. "Your Mama made you a birthday cake!" She said as she teasingly grinned at me.