Chapter 44

(Sarah's POV)

Erik's music was grating on my nerves. I marched into the music room and shouted above the noise, "Be quiet, would ya?!"

Erik stopped playing and looked up at me. "What's gotten into you? You love to hear me play."

"I'm hating it right now! You spend more time with your music then you do with me! Or with anybody for that matter!" I shouted as I crossed my arms.

"I'm sorry." He said as he stood up and walked towards me. "Charles wanted me to compose a piece for opening night and I had hoped you would sing it."

"I don't want to sing it! Besides, the opening night isn't for two months yet." I said as I turned away from him, not looking at him.

"But, you promised me." He whispered as he placed his hands on my shoulders.

I wrenched my shoulders away from his hands. "When did I do that?" I said coldly.

(Erik's POV)

I looked down at her. "Two weeks ago, Sunshine." I had no idea why she was acting this way.

"I changed my mind." She snapped.

I took a deep breath and sighed. "Love, tell me what's wrong." I said as I turned her to face me.

She pulled away from me. "Nothing at all." She said with a frown on her face.

I stepped in front of her. "Tell me."

She suddenly melted down in tears. "Do you even love me anymore?" She said as tears poured down her cheeks.

I nodded quickly. Not knowing what to do. "I love you more than anything in the world." I said as I hugged her close, well I tried to anyway, that thing in her made it very hard to do so.

She pulled away from me. "If you love me like you claim to then why don't you spend time with me? Why do you hate our baby? Why!? Why?!" She demanded as tears kept pouring down her cheeks.

I pulled her back to me. "I'll make more time for you. I promise." I said as I kissed her forehead. I didn't answer her other question because I was trying to get her to calm down.

"Promise!" She shouted as she pulled away again, her tears turning to anger. "You promised you wouldn't let work get in the way of our marriage, our love! But, you did!"

"I'm sorry." I said, trying not to lose my head. I decided to move away from her, instead of getting close.

"Sorry doesn't change anything!" She shouted as her tears dried on her cheeks.

"What's gotten into you?" I whispered.

"I'm sick and tired of how you've been treating me! Sick and tried, I tell you!" She shouted. Suddenly, she dissolved into tears and sank to the floor. "Are you ignoring me because you can see what you don't want?" She whispered, looking up at me.

"Oh, love." I whispered as I kneeled down in front of her. "I'm so sorry. So so sorry." I said as I cupped her cheek. "You mean the world to me. I never meant to ignore you, I'm just under a lot of pressure."

She pulled her cheek away from my hand and curled in on herself. "I thought I came before everything else?" She whispered.

"You do." I whispered and sighed. "I've been a horrible husband when it comes to that."

"And, I've been a horrible wife." She whispered as she wrapped her arms tighter around her protruding stomach.

I sighed again and tried to think of something to make her smile. Something to make her happy. I would do anything. "Has the b-baby kicked today?"