Chapter 20- Martha Jones

I've been up for about 2 weeks now and each week the children that fall into the sleep are greater than the previous week. The first time it was 5 and under, now it goes to 7 and under. Each week it adds an age and I'm worried for all the campers safety.

Enough that by the by tomorrow all children, and I mean all but the ones sleeping, will be sent home. Achilles will hang out at the Avenger tower with Atlantia.

The Avengers don't exactly know what's going on and not even Thor or Loki for that matter. For some odd and annoying reason Zeus has forbidden me to try and get their help.

Now most of the time I would ignore it but right now I was too worried for the children to really care.

"But dad!" Atlantia said stomping the ground, "I don't want to leave Lucas."

I sighed, "Atlantia this is for your safety, you need to take Achilles to The Avengers tower and stay there. I promise Lucas won't be alone. I'll be right here with him.

Maia was here today and said, "Come on sis, let's get you packed. Think of this as a small vacation. You have said you wanted to see the Avengers up close and now you can." Thankful for my other daughter who was technically 24 but was in a 11 year old body because of the hunters I Maia drag Atlantia off.

Rubbing my face I felt absolutely drained and way above my age. Sighing I went toward the infirmary. The only other person who is going to stay with me will be Will until the weeks would be up and he had to go home. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

"Anything?" I asked my voice tired.

Will looked annoyed, "Nothing. Nothing has changed. Nothing is happening. I don't get it." WIll said frustrated as he has been up about as long as I have but with some breaks for naps.

Running a hand through my hair I sighed, "Anything on the Roman's side?" I asked

"They only just had the outbreak. 5 year olds and younger going into the coma state." Will said frustrated.

"Start sending them home and transport to bring them here." I said

Will nodded thankful for something to do as he left the room to contact Reyna, one of the two praetors that were there.

Taking one look at Lucas I felt his head and it felt slightly colder than yesterday. It was as if they were slowly dying and I hated it. Even Apollo said he had no idea what was happening.

Hecate was trying to figure something out. She was muttering to herself when she saw the children and then disappeared. We haven't heard from her since.

I sighed and flopped into the seat next to Lucas and put my hand toward his hand and counted pulse. It was definitely slower than it was yesterday and I wrote it down. It seems each day they lose a beat.

It was a slow death ultimately and I hated every second of it.

I sat in the seat and leaned forward and put my heads in my hands as I sighed. Not wanting to really get up but I forced myself to and go outside.

The camp was practically deserted. The campers were either in their cabin or some of the older ones were making sure the younger ones were ready and helped them on the car that Argus was driving.

Chiron rolled next to me, "You know this is for the best." 

I sighed, "I know," running a hand through my hair I felt it sticky and thought I could use a shower really, "It's just, their so glum and scared. I hate it. I wish someone had an answer."

Chiron morphed till he was in his centaur state and placed a hand on my shoulder, "I am going to Olympus to take to the gods, seeing if any of them have any idea and see about finding Hecate." he said

I nodded and wished him luck. As he headed toward where Argus was I went back inside the infirmary to see about anything else that might've changed.

Across the Strawberry field however was a whooshing sound and in that place stood a tall Blue Police Box from the olden days.

"This is Camp Half-Blood." The Doctor said grinning opening the door and then frowned as he noticed that no children were about.

Martha was excited and exited the Tardis then her face fell, "I thought you said this place was filled with children of the gods? I see no children Doctor." 

"Interesting." The Doctor muttered and took out his sonic and scanned the surroundings.

It seemed that there were few to little people were about. Some in the cabins but it seemed that most of the signatures were coming from a building that if the Doctor remembered was the infirmary.

Frowning he took off toward it, Martha following into his steps quickly, "Doctors what's wrong?" Martha asked

"I'm not sure." he muttered and looked around. The place had a sort of gloomy feel. Even the Lava Wall wasn't spitting Lava out and the place was practically deserted.

The Doctor knocked on the infirmary's door where Percy answered the door, "Doctor?" Percy asked blinking in shock.

"What's wrong? Where is everyone?" The Doctor asked

Percy rolled his eyes at the lack of greeting but opened the door wider, "Come see for yourself."

The Doctor entered and his eyes fell onto the small children in the bed, all looking up at the ceiling nonresponsive, "What's wrong with them?" The Doctor asked taking his sonic and scanning them.

"We have no idea." Percy said and noticed Martha instead of Rose but pushed that for later, "Percy jackson God of Loyalty, Rivers, and Lakes."

"Martha Jones." Martha said shaking Percy's extended hand.

The Doctor frowned, "I only see some of the kids. Where are the others?"

"They are either going or are at home until further notice. Each week the age gets larger and more campers get put into a sleep state. It's mandatory to send them home when there is a threat at Camp Half-Blood. The Romans are doing the same thing but the breakout started weeks after this one." Percy explained.

The Doctor looked in thought, "How old were Patient Zero's?"

"Below the age of five." Percy said frowning and looked toward his son in the bed and went toward him.

The Doctor frowned sadly as he noticed that Lucas was there, "The Second wave?" he asked nicely.

"Six year olds. The week after were Seven year olds. If this week ends then Eight year olds. It also seems that everyday in the comatic state they start to die." Percy said as he held his son's hand.

The Doctors heart sunk. What could possible do this and how can he help his friend even if they barely knew each other. Martha stayed silent but checked over the records that was listed at each end of the bed.

"Where's Atlantia?" The Doctor asked

Percy sighed, "She's stubborn on leaving but Maia her sister is forcing her and Achilles to head to the Avengers Tower until further notice."

The Doctor nodded even if he didn't met Maia or Achilles he knew Atlantia and was happy that she was going to be safe.

This was going to be one tough case but The Doctor was going to solve it.