Chapter 31: Earth Dweller's

I still do not get what 'hunters become the hunted' mean." Castiel said as he and Percy started to follow the footprints.

"It means that the hunters, which they were because they hunted animals, we hunted and killed. I don't get how this is hard to understand." Percy said as he ducked underneath a stray branch.

"I do not get how they are labeled hunters thought." Castiel said as he followed Percy

"Because they hunted animals. Just...go with it buddy." Percy said as he tried to tell Castiel about mortal hunters and then failing.

Castiel just stayed quiet despite having questions form, he knew Percy was having a hard time telling him what he meant but, he understood it slightly better then when Percy first mentioned the prophecy.

"So what does the prophecy mean?" Castiel asked as they went deeper into the forest.

"How am I supposed to really know?" Percy asked looking confused, "It's a prophecy, it could be about a damn cow for all I know."

"Parties unite fighting the defenders' is about a cow?" Castiel asked looking and sounding as confused as he is.

Percy threw his hands up in the air, "I don't know. It's a prophecy, they have so many meanings."

"But it's about a cow?" Castiel asked still sounding confused.

Percy just threw his hands up in the air and started to march toward the footprints a little annoyed but understood that Castiel didn't know what he knew and was having trouble.

When in doubt, take a deep breath and try again, "I'm not entirely sure what the prophecy means, I don't know who these parties are, I'm assuming we're the defenders. I don't know what we're up against or what or who Time is.

Castiel frowned now starting to understand it more than a few moments ago. Suddenly, Percy paused in his step making Castiel stop as well.

"I wasn't expecting this." Percy said as he crouched behind some trees and foliage, dragging Castiel with him.

They sat there just watching this dwarf looking fellows rummage through a truck, they were speaking almost gibberish but from what Percy could tell, they were speaking almost Latin and it was really fast paced.

"I can't tell what their saying, too fast." He muttered to Castiel.

"What do we do?" Castiel asked as he slid out his angle blade.

Percy paused for a second, a sudden realization coming to him, "we need to get a least one of them. They're searching for something, otherwise they would've just taken the car for the metal."

Before he could comment anymore, he turned and saw that Castiel was gone. Huffing and looking back, he saw that Castiel had one of the gnomes in his hand and the others were disintegrated, "Next time, wait for me." Percy said as he removed himself from the cover to look at the now stone-hardened Gnome.

"...What is it?" Castiel asked hesitantly allowed Percy to zip tie the creature and hold him carefully and away from him as he suddenly spawned a cage that looks like it is for a small dog.

"It's a gnome, something I thought were extinct. Back in the days, they were known as Earth-Dwellers and followers of Gaea, literally, they followed her wherever she went to cause havoc and follow her command.

They must have been so confused when she went to sleep, leaving them with no commander and no orders. I don't know what happened to them, legend says they died out, others say they found a new leader. Obvious the first one is a no, the second is a possibility." Percy said as he carefully placed the gnome in the cage and locked it and placed a lock on the door to be safe.

"What should we do now?" Castiel asked looking from the cage to Percy.

Percy himself was looking over the car and chewed on the bottom of his lip for a second, "If we take the gnome with us to camp, his friends will most likely join us. I know an abandoned place we can take them, in the meantime I want you to get Sam and Dean thereafter you help me with the gnome and the car." Percy said as he placed the gnome in the cage gently in the back of the truck.

"Why the car?" Castiel asked following Percy and watched what he did with a tad bit of confusion.

"They were searching something, they think it's in the car and I want to know if it really is or isn't." Percy said as he turned to face Castiel, "I want you to take these two items to a field in California with lots of empty space and an abandoned farm house. I'm going to give the bodies to the police and ask someone for a favor that they will probably hate me later for."

After writing the address and giving it to Castiel, Percy watched Castiel disappear taking the car and gnome with him.

"Time to talk to the cousins and an uncle." Percy muttered to himself as he soon disappeared to talk to his uncle first.