Chapter 35: Bit Anticlimactic but Alright

"Right, first things first. What are The Defenders?" I asked while turning to the leader gnome once more.

He pulled on his ears lightly as he told me, "They are The Red Gnomes."

"The Red Gnomes. Lovely name that is. Are they called that because they have red hats instead of your blue ones?" I asked, slightly sarcastic.

But by the awe expression on all of the gnomes faces, I just face-palmed. Right, dealing with beings that didn't have high mentality and were just minions to Gaea.

Even the Winchesters didn't seem to be as impressed and looked like they suddenly were waiting for the gnomes in front of them to say "Sike, we're kidding. That's not why they're called Red Gnomes,"

"I don't get paid enough for this shit," the shorter of the two brothers murmured as he rubbed his forehead with his hand.

"We don't get paid in general," the younger of the two brothers pointed out.

"Bitch," Dean said in response but it lacked any real heat.

"Jerk," came the automatic response from the other brother.

Ignoring the two, I turned back to the gnomes, "I'll deal with gnome business if you stop killing people," Percy said as he made sure to keep hold onto the clock figuring he'd find a safe place for it later.

The gnomes instantly started nodding their heads real fast and I just shook my head at their antics before turning to the Winchester brothers and Bobby while the gnomes scurried back into the forest and their hidey hole.

"Here's the deal, you can help me clean up this Red Gnome business, or you can go back to hunting and your other lives. Honestly, I know what these Blue Gnomes are talking about and the Red Gnomes are easier to handle then they make it out to be. I'll have Castiel help me relocate them to Hawaii where there are no other gnomes and all will be fine," I explained already feeling tired and knowing I haven't actually dealt with the gnomes yet.

The two brothers seemed to be communicating between themselves before the taller one shrugged and told his brother, "We do need to talk to Crowley soon about Dick," he pointed out.

The older of the two brothers, and technically the shorter of the two, face twisted like he really didn't want to leave a hunt but nodded almost reluctantly, knowing that Dick Roman was more important that gnomes that apparently could be taken care of faster by the apparent god in front of them.

"Fine," he growled out, "but take me to Baby before dealing with this gnome business. And tell Cass to hand me my damn weapons back."

I was already nodding along, knowing that to weapons their weapons and transportation could be quite important to them, as most didn't have many attachment in their lifestyles.

"That can be arranged," I told them calmly and before they could turn-down my transportation offer, I grabbed them by their arms and Vapor Traveled to where I left their car before finding Castiel.

"They want their weapons back, Dean and Sam that is," I told him softly as he was in some sort of garden in Heaven.

I looked around as I rarely ever went up in heaven, too blindly white for me, and felt the serenity of the garden of some man that has been dead for a long time.

"I shall deliver it to them soon," he promised as he stared at the beautiful scenery in front of us.

"Are you alright?" I asked softly as I laid my hand on his shoulder in comfort.

Castiel took a moment to respond before hesitantly speaking, "Humans are weird creatures."

"Yes, they do have a habit of being weird creatures," I assured him not feeling insulted at all. Having dealt with a newly fledged Castiel before Lucifer was banished.

"Why do they have complex emotions that can get them into so much trouble?" he asked softly like it had been on his mind for centuries. Knowing Castiel, it probably has been.

"Because emotions are what guide us into believing what's right and wrong. They help us in our lives, find lovers, enemies, who to trust, and who to never turn our back to. Emotions are a complicated thing for humans because each emotion for a person is different. Someone can respond one way, and another person can respond another way when emotions are involved. I know your confused, and some day you'll learn about this complicated thing called emotions. I just wish you luck when you try to learn women," I responded with a slight teasing tint in my voice at the end.

"What is complicated about women?" Castiel responded in return, looking like that cute puppy that looked so confused about something.

"You'll find out, and I wish you luck in return mate, you're gonna need it," I responded with a pat to his shoulder before standing up from the marble seat that the garden provided.

"Now, you need to give the Winchester brothers their weapons back and after that, we got some gnomes to catch. I'll grab the cages and meat, you grab the water we'll need by the end of it," I responded before Vapor Traveling out of Heaven, the angels none the wiser that I was there in the first place.

What series do you want me writing about next? I'm thinking The Librarians. Thoughts?