Chapter 32: The Moving Shadows

XxXkitteh-rawrXxXsoccerchich478, and HPandDivergent I have already saw the comment and even when you have deleted it I have a file on my email because I get notifications each time someone comments on my story. Basically, deleting the comment solved nothing.

The shadows wrapped around Percy for a brief second as he flashed to the underworld. The moving shadows then drifted back to their normal spots as he waited in the throne room for his uncle who have gotten to know each other better over the few centuries.

Not bothering to move (fully knowing the shadows alerted Hades to my presence) Percy decided to just look around at the decor which seemed to have changed just a bit.

It wasn't that much of a shock to Percy, Persephone always did love making things just a bit brighter whenever she did live here, the only time this place really felt gloomy was when it was Spring and she was gone.

Percy turned to face the hallway as he felt a presence, but it was weird because he was expecting Hades but instead he see a ten year old boy just turning around the corner just about to eat a cookie.

He stopped in mid step as he saw Percy and they both just stared at each other for just a moment before this curious look passed the boys face and then it turned into excitement, "Who are you? Are you a friend of dad? I haven't met a friend of dads yet. Other than the dead one but they aren't that cool. Are you a god? Are you in my Mythomagic card set?" Questions left the boy's mouth in a quick session but honestly, this was slightly normal (well almost slightly) for Percy who is use to this sometimes at camp.

Finally when the boy stopped to take a breath Percy held up a hand to stop anymore sentences and smiled at the boy kindly, "I'm Percy Jackson, I guess you can call me a friend of your fathers, I have also met the dead friends and you're right they're boring, I am a god, I don't think I'm in that card set." he said smiling at the excited, yet innocent boy infront of him.

"What's your name kid?" Percy asked somewhat crouching in front of the kid

Suddenly a dark, gloomy figure entered the room and put a hand on the boy's shoulder making both Percy and Nico to look up.

"Nico, why don't you go to your room and practice the thing Achilles was teaching you." Hades said his face still dark and gloomy to any normal person who doesn't know him.

Percy knew him though and could see how his eyes relaxed for a second into what Percy would later call love for the small child.

"OKay dad." Nico said and then smiled brightly (and innocently) back at Percy and then moved back to the hallway to go to his room, but really he just stopped and decided to listen in on his father's new 'friend'.

"Nice boy." Percy said after a moment allowing Hades to survey him and see if there was any threats.

"That he is." Hades said his voice cut short and allowing no one to deserve, unless you're Percy of course who heard the tone of protectiveness.

Smirking at his uncle and watched satisfies when Hades relaxed a second and pulled the younger god into a bro-hug for a moment before pulling away.

"What is it that you need nephew." Hades said his voice calm and his shoulders relaxed as he knew his nephew wouldn't say a word about his son who was living with him.

Percy's face sobered instantly but you can still see the smile that he always wore still on his face, just a tad more sad.

"Do you know anything about the gnomes?" Percy asked as he turned more to look at Percy choosing to not bring up the topic of the ten year old they both knew was outside the door.

Hades face also fell and turned serious, "No, they are tricky things and seem to be able to hide themselves. My shadows also seem to be having trouble locating them and if it seems like they have, by the time any skeleton soldiers get there, they are gone." Hades said as he watched Percy start to pace a little.

Percy continued to pace for a split second before stopping, "What about your....counterpart." Percy said slowly wondering if Pluto had any more luck than Hades did, Pluto was always the one who seemed to be better at finding things underground than Hades.

He started to pace when Hades face was still the same meaning that even his Roman form had no luck with tracing anything.

"Any hints?" Percy asked exasperated with the lack of tracking the tricky things.

"I am sorry nephew." Hades said and placed a hand on Percy's shoulder to make him stop pacing, "I believe you always say, 'Do not lose faith' am I correct?" Hades asked

Percy stopped moving altogether before his shoulders dropped a smudge and he let out a sigh, "I guess you're, or I am correct. I'll see if Hermes have seen anything while he was delivering things. Thanks Uncle Hades." Percy said and before his uncle could protest, hugged him goodbye before moving back out of the embrace.

"Before you leave, I'm sure Nico would like to join you. Let him see Camp Half-Blood himself and meet some of his second-cousins." Hades said his tone guarded as if he was ready for Percy to reject the idea.

"If he's ready for a battle." Percy said staring at Hades and ignoring the sudden 'Please dad. Please, please, please.' from the little boy who has come out of his hiding spot.

"He's ready. Don't let Hermes see him or Apollo for that matter. Knowing the sun god, he'll be near Hermes." Hades said looking Percy directly in the eye to portray that what he has said is the truth.

"Deal. I'll let him explore camp with Atlantia and maybe Maia who has come for a small visit. No one will know he is Hades son for reasons as long as you don't claim him. That being said, if he is staying at camp I want him claimed by age 12." Percy said knowing fully well that the child was 10 and at that age people can be mean to children of Hades, twelve was an age that they can at least deal with it and might have some friends.

"We have a deal." Hades said as he held out a hand ignoring the child shouting with happiness and doing some sort of happy dance.

Percy nodded and shook Hades hand sealing the deal they just made, "Come on Nico, let's go meet your cousins." Percy said giving the excited child a smile and extended his hand for the boy to take to make the ride smoother.

With one last wave to his father, Nico and Percy disappeared in a mist leaving behind the smell of sea salt making Hades frown with a hint of disgust before turning away and going back to his duties.