Chapter Twenty Three

Robyn

I stood to my feet, admiring my appearance in the wall-long mirror of my bedroom. Chris was sound asleep- I wish I could sleep too, but I had to go to work.

I put on a bangle set and then a coat of Red lipstick. I turned toward the bed and sighed looking at Chris with his entire body wrapped into the covers of the bed like a taco, but his head sticking out. His mouth was slightly opened and he looked so peaceful.

"You know it's not nice to stare, Robyn." I was in a bit of a shock as Chris spoke, his eyes still closed.

"How did you know I was admiring you?" I questioned curiously, sitting on my side of the bed.

"Why were you staring at me?" Chris asked back, with a hint of merriment in his voice.

"You're mine, I'm pretty sure it isn't a crime to look at something that's mine." I smiled leaning into his face as he pulled me close quick making me giggle.

"Who said that you could wear red lipstick, huh?" Chris bit his lip grabbing my face staring at my lips.

"It wasn't a problem the last time- the last time I had on red lipstick, it was off after fifteen minutes because you were so obsessed with the way it looked on me."

"I think it's a crime for a woman to look this damn sexy, I mean look at you," Chris smirked grabbing my breast causing me to make a small gasp.

"I could say the same thing about you, sir. You're so handsome," I smiled at him.

"I'd be even more handsome if I-" I stopped Chris with a chuckle after he tried lifting up my pencil skirt.

"I have work and you need to rest. I took your temperature and you're a little over 99 degrees."

"Baby, you're treating me like a child. I'm fine, just let me have some of you-"

"I'm not catching anything you have," I giggled.

"I'm just kidding, but we can do that again once you're better. And I'm sure I'll make it worth your while." I winked at Chris getting out of the bed.

"I wish you could stay, baby, I-I do-" Chris began coughing heavily so I rushed by his side, patting his back and holding up his cup of water.

"Robyn, it's okay, g-go to work, beautiful, I'm fine." Chris coughed into his fist.

"Chris, I'd rather stay, your cough does not sound only like a small cold." He stopped coughing to drink some water.

"Robyn, I'm telling you everything is fine. Go to work, please?" Chris looked into my eyes. I melted so I just gave in.

"Alright. You call me if anything happens or if you need me, Chris, I'm serious." I advised picking up my purse.

"You're overreacting, baby, I'm fine." Chris got out of bed, cornering me.

"I just want to make sure you're okay."

"These colds happen all the time, Robyn, it's okay. Go. To. Work," Chris left a sweet peck on my lips and slapping my butt.

"I love you," I smiled as he got back into the bed.

"I love you too, gorgeous." He smiled. His face looked so out of it but he still wanted to make me happy.

I smiled back, leaving, going to work.