holding him close

➷hey guys! im sorry i haven't been updating very much in the last couple days, i've been at my cousin's house and i've been really busy... and they dont have the best wifi so it's been hard to find times to write/upload. love you all, x -e➹

There's already a line at the booth, and the people scream and cheer when they see us coming. We wave, and they only freak out more. We set up the booth, and it's time for the first people, two girls who look a few years older than Caleb and I. They're really nice, and tell us the totally ship Calbony. I love how supportive all the fans are. I'm so lucky to be friends with such an amazing family. We do the booth for a few hours, then it's time for lunch. We have Paige and Katie watch the booth for us, and all the kids go to lunch. I give Hayley a piggyback ride, and Caleb gives Annie one. On the way to the food court, a few people stop us to say hello. Then we go to a Subway and while we're waiting in line, Annie and Hayley chant the baked potato song, despite Caleb begging them to not. When people who don't watch Bratayley stare at us, Hayley looks them straight in the eyes and says, "my brother's a baked potato," and points to Caleb.

"I sing a song about a potato one time, and it's branded on me for life," he says, but he's smiling. The continue singing, but now they're laughing and I am as well. He's blushing so much, it's adorable. They finally stop once we sit down and eat our food. Nobody speaks for a while, the Hayley turns to Caleb.

"Do you like to kiss Ebony?" She asks him. I stop chewing, and swallow. Then make awkward eye contact with Caleb.

"Yeah, I like to kiss Ebony," he says.

Annie laughs, "so you kiss on the lips?"

"Yeah," he says, and squeezes my hand under the table. Both girls burst out laughing.

"You guys'll kiss a boy on the lips someday!"

"Nu uh! Boys have COOTIES!" Says Hayley, Annie laughs so hard she almost falls out of her chair. Caleb and I laugh also.

~

The second half of the day is sad, the disappointment of the last day at VidCon is in the air. We still have a steady flow of people who want to meet Bratayley, and I have a few really positive interactions. Soon it's time to pack up, because the teen dance starts at 8:00. It's for thirteen to fifteen year olds, so I'll probably see a few fans who I really liked, and maybe even exchange contacts with a few. We have an hour until I need to begin getting ready for the dance, so Paige, Caleb, Annie, and I all come to my bed and begin making me a YouTube channel. We decide my name will be ebonyrxse and we set up the channel art and profile picture. Annie, Caleb, and Paige all post things on their Instagrams saying subscribe to Ebony, and Annie logs into the official Bratayley Instagram and posts something on that as well. Caleb says he'll make sure Katie puts it in today's vlog as well. After five minutes, I already have 150 subscribers. I'm so excited. Paige, Caleb, Annie and I make a "Summer Tag" video and I tag Paige and Bratayley, then of course, send Zoe the link. A few minutes later I get an email saying Zoella has subscribed to my channel. I freak out, and jump around the room celebrating. Then I download iMovie on my computer and Caleb teaches me some editing basics and we upload my first video. It gets automatic comments and views. Then it's 6:45 and it's time for me to go to my room and get ready. I hug Caleb and he kisses me on the cheek.

"We'll have such a great time tonight," he whispers in my ear.

"I know," I whisper, and pull apart, heading down the hall to my room. I don't know where to start first. I decide I'll curl my hair in perfect curls that bounce around my face when I walk, then make my eyes pop with ombre brown to gold eye shadow and thick eye liner. The I put on my rose patterned low-high flowy dress. It stops at my knees in the front and goes down to my calves in the back. It looks really cute and summery. Then I slip on my gray wedges that have a tiny knot at the toe area. Once I'm ready I check the clock, it's 7:40, I'm meeting Caleb in the hall in five minutes. I check myself in the mirror, perfect. Tonight will be magical. I grab my Vera Bradley clutch and step outside. Caleb's standing out there holding a single pink rose. He's wearing a pale blue button down and looks so handsome. His face lights up when he sees me and he grins. I run to him and throw my arms around his neck. Katie, Paige, Annie, and Hayley all come down the hall and Katie's vlogging.