29 ~ truly sorry

Riley's P.O.V
Just to let you guys know, this is the day after last chapter ended. The flash back part is what happens during school that day.

I-I can't believe it.

I can't believe Maya.

I can't believe Lucas.

I don't want to believe it.

Yet it's true.

I am taking my books out if my locker, away from Maya, Farkle, and Lucas. When I shut my locker, Maya was there. I quickly turn around and start walking towards my dads class. But Lucas walks in front of me, causing me to turn around and face Maya. " JUST GET AWAY FROM ME!" I scream and run. I run to the back door of the classroom. " Riley, are you okay?" My dad questions.

" No."

He nods because he knows what happened and that I need time. I plop down in my seat and wait for the bell to ring. But the bell dosen't ring in 10 minutes. Lucas walks into the classroom and looks at me. I give him a angry glare and look at my notebook. I smile evilly and throw it away.

" Riley-" my dad starts.

" Dad. I'm fine. I don't need it anymore. "

I pull out a new notebook from my bag and sit back down in my seat. I can see out of the side of my eye, Lucas staring at me with a hurt look. He deserved it.

*** flashback***

I am walking to my locker with Farkle and then I saw the worst thing in my life. Maya and Lucas were making out.

" Oh god. Why are they doing this now?" Farkle whispers.

" WHAT?!" I scream. " THEY DID THIS BEFORE?!"

" ummm."

" and you didn't tell me. Huh. None of you did." I said. By now Lucas and Maya was looking at me.

" Riley I. I can explain-" Lucas starts.

" don't speak to me."

" Riley-" Maya breaths out.

I didn't hear the rest of it because I just marched into my dads classroom. " ummm. Honey are you okay?" My dad asks. I just realized that there was tears flowing out of my eyes. I just shake my head and sit. Later that day, I told my dad during dinner. My mom looked shocked and Auggie was in my lap.

***end of flashback***

Maya walks beside Lucas. They look at each other then me.

" dad?"

" yes Riley."

" how's Josh?" I ask, knowing that Maya was listening. But in time, the bell rang. Maya and Lucas walked in to the classroom and sat in their normal seat. Everyone became piling in and sat in their normal seats.

( after class )

I walk back over to my locker and open it. Imminently someone taps my shoulder. I turn around to see Lucas. He grabs my hand and quickly walks me to the janitors closet. After he closes the door, I take back my hand.

" what?!" I say harshly.

" can you ever forgive me?"

...

" I forgive you for what you did to me. But I will not forgive you for what you did with Maya. That was called cheating. "

...

" but I forgive you."

" what?"

" I forgive you for cutting."

I smile and walk out of the closet.

" Riley." He grabs my hand again and drags me inside the janitors closet again.

" get away from me!" I try to escape from him.

" Riley, can I at least tell you what happened?!"

" NO! I ALREADY SAW IT! SO I DON'T NEED TO HEAR IT! "

His eyes starts to water up.

" I was already going through pain. But you made it worse. " I whisper while tears streamed down my eyes. I wipe them away. He looks down at his shoes and closes his eyes to let a tear drop out of his eye.

" I don't need you. " I whisper. I keep on staring at him cry but after a few seconds i start to walk out.

" Riley." He stops me. " I'm truly sorry. "

I just walked home after he said that. I didn't say bye to Maya or Farkle. Nor anyone. I just wanted to go home. I don't want to cut. But I just want to cry. I'm going through a lot and I don't know what to do. He hurt me. He truly hurt me.

( next day )

I wake up at 7 o'clock. My mom runs into my room and screams, " YOUR GONNA BE LATE " I laugh to myself. I wear a white top with a dark blue skater skirt. I pick out light grey, high kneed socks and a silver, bow belt. It's a normal belt with a small bow on the front. I look at myself in the mirror.

"Today I going to be a long day."

I rush over to the dinner table to see oatmeal.

( at school )

I walk to my locker and grab my books. When I close my locker, I see Maya. I turn and start to head towards my dads class. Maya grabs my hand and spins me around to where I'm facing her.

" Lucas doesn't love you. He kissed me because he likes me. I kissed back because I'm mad at you. I don't feel bad for what you did. You chose to do it. It's your fault. But I was hurt for you not telling me. So I kissed back. Because we're not friends. I don't like you and you don't like me. " Maya says with a sassy tone of voice.

She walks past me but nudges my shoulder. I just stand there in shock. I couldn't believe her. Why would she say that.

( the bell rings )

WOW THIS IS A LONG CHAPTER! But wasn't it good? I spent like an hour on it. Ha. Yeah it's sad. Posting soon. For sure not tommarow.