37 ~ Blood

It was the afternoon. We were all home alone. I was sitting on Lucas' lap, while he stroke my sides. I was still in terrible pain. Maya and Josh were on their phones. And Smakle and Farkle were talking about why the sun is so big. And how apples are made. We were in my bed room. Josh and Maya on the floor. Smakle and Farkle on the bae window. And Lucas and I on my bed.

" Lucas? "

" Yeah?"

" I will be right back."

" Ok, be careful."

I kissed his cheek and walked out of my room and to the kitchen. I needed water. I gulped down two cups of water, and grabbed a few ice cubes for my sides. I was about to head back to my room but Lucas was right there.

" Oh! Hi. You scared me." I giggled.

" You've been gone for 7 minutes. I just came to check up on you."

" I just got water and ice. Stop being so over protective." I chuckled and started heading back to my room.

I sat on my bed and then Lucas picked me up and onto his lap and started to rub my sides again.

" feeling better?"

" a tiny bit." He rested his chin on my shoulder and I rested my head on his chest, that was behind me.

" gimme the ice." He sat himself straight again.

I plopped them into his hands and he put his head on my shoulder again. He then started to rub the ice on my sides. It felt like heaven. I closed my eyes and relaxed. But relaxed too much. I took a nap. A very painful nap.

-Lucas' p.o.v-

5 minutes into me rubbing the ice around her sides, she knocked out. I carried her into the covers, and tucked her in. I got my phone out and started looking on Instagram, next to Maya.

After about an hour, I heard Riley shuffling through her covers and breathing really hard. I got up and sat next to Riley. She was starting to groan. And then holding her breath. I threw the covers off her and picked her up.

" Riley. Riley. Are you okay?!" I shook her.

She didn't open her eyes. She was still groaning. And breathing really hard.

" RILEY! WAKE UP!"

Everyone came over to Riley.

" W-What's going on?!" Maya shouted.

" I dunno! RILEY WAKE UP!"

She grabbed my arm and held it really tight. Then she screamed at the top of her lungs. Blood started to drip down her arm. It came out of no where. She was screaming so hard.

" RILEY!" I shook her.

Then everything went scilent. She breathed heavily, let go of my arm, and opened her eyes.

" Riley!" I cried. Tears were dripping off my chin. I sat down and hugged her. I hugged her so tight. I didn't care if the blood got on me. I'm just happy that she's awake. We all did a huge group hug. But she pushed away from all of us. Tears were forming in her eyes. She got up and stepped back from us. I stood up in front of her. She looked down, at her bleeding arm. Then looked at me.

" Riley. Calm down."

She was breathing heavily.

" I-I. I don't know what's going on. Why am I bleeding?... WHY AM I BLEEDING?!" She screamed.

Maya and Josh were digging threw the first aid kit, looking for bandages. Luckily they found some.

" Ju-Just. Calm down. " I slowly walked up to her.

" Lucas. Something happened to me in that dream." She swallowed.

She shook her head and started crying.

" I-I didn't like it."

I hugged her. I didn't know what to do. I just hugged her.

" Bring her over here!" Josh yelled.

I picked her up and took her to her bed. Maya and Josh patched her up, while Farkle and Smakle cleaned the floor. I held Riley. I didn't know what else to do. I just held her.

" Don't go to sleep right now. Okay?" I whisper.

She nods her head. I rub her sides again, and she plays with my shirt with one hand. While the other hand is being taken care of.

" This is so weird. " Maya complained.

Riley looked at her arm and stopped playing with my shirt. She pulled it away from Maya and Josh.

" Blood. There was blood."

" Yeah, it came from your ar-" I tried to say.

" No. Blood rained above me. I heard screams. There were flashbacks. Of me screaming from pain. Of me crying from depression. " She was turning her arm to exam it. " The cuts. That was why the blood is here. In this world. Not the raining blood world. "

She looked up at me. Then gave her arm back to Josh and Maya. They were speechless. They just patched up her arm. I looked at her.

" Do you know what I saw? Do you know what I heard? Do you know how I felt?"

I shook my head and hugged her tighter. She was sharing her terrible dream.

" I saw blood. I heard screams. I felt pain. I love you." She wispered.

She hugged me back, with one arm. I hugged her tighter. I didn't want her to experience that dream ever agian. She breathed in hard.

" Lucas. Your hurting me." She whispered while trying to pull away from me.

I loosened my grip and she exhaled.

" Done!" Maya and Josh said.

She pulled her arm back and looked at it.

" Thank you." She said.

They nodded and went back to what they were originally doing. I went back to rubbing her sides, and Riley went back to playing with my shirt. I don't want my princess to ever experience that. She is my princess. She does not deserve that.

" L-Lucas?"

" Yes, Princess?"

" Im tired."

" want me to cuddle you?"

She nods her head and lays down. I lay down next to her and wrap my arms around her. I then kiss the back of her head. Then everything went black. I was asleep.