44 ~ still like you

I woke up.

I had my arms wrapped around Lucas and Lucas had his head on my chest. He was on top of me. Maya was at the side of me. Wait. Pause that. LUCAS FRIAR IS ON TOP OF ME?!?!

" Oh my god." My words stumbled.

I crawled back and Lucas popped his head up, and smiled at me.

" You okay?" Is the first thing he says to me.

" WHAT ARE YOU DOIN ON ME?!?!" I yell.

Maya groans.

" Shut the f*** up. "

" Maya. He's on top of me. Get him off." I sneer at her.

Maya eyes opened.

" you guys slept like that damn it!"

" LUCAS GET OFF" I yelled.

He crawled off me and rubbed his eyes.

" what's your problem?" He whined.

I got out of bed and went to the kitchen. Why was he in my room? Why did I sleep with him on top of me? WTH is going on?!

I got water from the sink and gulped it down.

I can't remember anything last night. I just had a nightmare of someone screaming.

Maya ran over to me.

" What happened?" She asked.

" Lucas! He's a f***ing b****!! " I yelled.

" WHAT?!" Lucas yelled.

He came walking towards me.

" WHY WERE YOU IN MY ROOM?!"

" TO HELP YOU DAMN IT!"

" Riley do you remember anything last night?" Maya asked.

I paused.

" No."

" Okay. Then your still hating me. Fine. I'll just leave."  Lucas stated.

He walked out of the apartment but before he did...

" Wait."

He imminently turned around. I walked up to him.

" I-Is there something that you guys are keeping from me?"

" I'm not keeping it from you. I'm just scared that you won't listen."

" Well I'm listening now."

Maya walked right next to me. Lucas explained everything. How his father made him do this. How his father made me 'hurt' yesterday.

After he was done, I hugged him. I didn't know what else to do. I just hugged him.

" I'm sorry Lucas." I whispered in his ear.

" Don't be." He whispered back.

- Few hours later -

Maya just left to make popcorn and to make a call with Josh. It's been really hard for her to communicate with him because of his school and always being busy.

Lucas and I snuggle up together. I still have thoughts in my head, running around. I just had to ask him something.

" Um Lucas?"

I look up at him and he looks at me. I'm laying on his chest.

" What really happened last night? Why couldn't I remember anything?" I asked.

He shook his head.

" Doesn't matter."

" Yes it does. I don't want keep secrets with each one so please just tell me."

He sighed and sat up straight. I got off him and turned to face him. He grabbed my hands and looked at me.

" It's my father. He poisoned the glass that shattered over you and sunk into your skin."

I tilted my head. I didn't understand.

" Remember when I had to break up with you?"

I nodded.

" Remember when Charlie-"

" Ohhhh... Okay."

I leaned my head back on his chest and he got comfy too. He wrapped his arms around me and I held onto his muscular arms.

" I still like you Riley Matthews. You know that... Right?"

I giggle a bit.

" I know. And I still like you."

Hmp. Really short chapter. But I'll update soon! Next chapter will be a huge thing for Maya so stay tuned!