42 ~ real world

" Lucas?"

My eyes were full of tears.

" I'm sorry Riley."

He let go of my hands that he was holding, and left. The heels of his shoes echoed through the street. I fell to my knees. I didn't care if I bruised them. I lost him. Maybe even forever.

" LUCAS!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

He was gone. Out of my sight, away from me. But I bet he could hear me. I covered my eyes and cried. I heard someone running towards me. It was my parents, and Auggie trailing up behind them with Mr.Gogglie. My dad picked me up bridal style and took me to the apartment.

" Mom? Is Riley okay?" Auggie whispered, concerned.

" No sweetie. But she will be."

I just kept on crying. Now you may be thinking, why is she crying over a boy? It's not just a boy. He was my best friend, my boyfriend, my happiness, my smile, but when he said those words... My world crumbled.

My dad sat me down on the couch and sat in front of me, holding my hands.

I could barely see him. All of my tears were blurring him out.

" I lost him daddy." I whispered.

I blinked all of my tears out of my eyes so I could see everyone. My tears rolled down my cheeks.

" Honey what happened?" My mom said.

She sat at the side of my dad with Auggie being sent to his room.

" Lucas happened."

~ flashback ~

" Hi Riley." Charlie smirked.

I opened my eyes to reveal me in a dark room. I was tied to a pole, roped tight. There was a mirror in front of me. Charlie was standing next to it.

" What?" I spit.

He took out a fork and started to drag it across the mirror. It started to screech. I closed my eyes and used my shoulder to block off the sound for one ear.

Then he knocked it down. It hit the pole first so it shattered all over me. The glass shards sunk into my skin. I flinched. I opened my eyes and grinned.

" Oh, Mrs.Friar isn't hurt yet? "

" What? Now your rooting for Lucas and I?"

" No, my stepfathers last name is Friar. Which means I'm technically a Friar."

I was so confused. But then it hit me.

" YOUR LUCAS' BROTHER?!?!"

" I am. " he scoffs. " But Lucas has been paying me to do all of these bad things to you so he can seem like a hero to you. I don't hate you Riley."

" Why are you lying."

" I'm not. I'm telling you this, be- because I feel guilty for doing this to you. I want you Lucas to figure this out."

He untied me and tossed me out of the room. Which was my street. He shut the doors behind me. It was cold outside. I started to head across the street to get to my house, but Lucas stopped me.

" Hi Riley!" He tapped on my shoulder.

I imminently turned around.

" H-Hi. What are you doing here?"

He held up his phone.

" Charlie text me to meet him here. Why are you outside?"

" Charlie. He tied me to a pole. And then told me that you were telling him to hurt me. And that he was your brother."