Chapter 16: I Think About Him All The Time

Shout outs to everybody who shows my material love in general

(Edited)

Enjoy

September 10th - Monday

12:15p.m.

Maria's Pov

Tremaine said I'm gonna' meet his parents real soon and I'm so nervous, what if they don't like me, I've been stressing over it a lot ever since he told me Sunday but I'll be meeting them this weekend, on Saturday.

Aaliyah's birthday is this Friday, she said she just wanted to drive to college locations, yeah I was surprised, she's 4 months pregnant and when the baby comes I can't help but wonder how she's gonna' handle that and college, her parents happy she still wants to attend college but they made it clear they're not taking care of the baby or babies though and they not letting her move back into their house even though they staying in contact with her.

Jeremiah well he's not going to college, he made that clear the minute he took over the drug empire, that was the minute he decided the college life wasn't for him but at least he's happy.

College is not for everyone.

Khaleel and Keira happy, they have no idea what college they wanna' attend but they wanna' go to the same college as me and my baby Tremaine so it's all on us, we gotta' choose the college but I rather let him choose, he's the one playing basketball in college, his dream is to get drafted and be the NBA's number 1 pick for the Atlanta Hawks and I've been thinking about a career in modeling, my mom wants me to be a social worker like her, it's a nice job but that's not my dream, I know she just trying to help and I appreciate her for that but I be damned if I let her control my life plus I'm getting used to making my own decisions, she ain't finna' make this one for me, sorry mommy, love you though.

The weekend is over, so is homecoming and we're going into ending the first semester so we have to be passing all of our classes and me and Tremaine really starting to think about college, taking college tour field trips, we wanna' pick the best one to go to.

We're all in the Senior cafeteria sitting together talking about our future.

-

"So y'all don't wanna' live on campus but close to it." Maria said.

"Exactly, have y'all seen those dorm rooms, shit I need space." Keira said.

"How bout' y'all just get a condo or somethin' right outside the college campus." Jeremiah said.

"Do you really have a input in this?" Khaleel said.

"Just tryna' help nigga', you
welcome." Jeremiah said.

"Stop bein' mean to my baby." Aaliyah said.

"Tremaine came back to the table, finally he got up to get a paper for tryouts knowing good damn well that tryouts start tomorrow.

"I got you one too." Tremaine said.

He handed me a try out form for the Varsity Wildcat cheerleading team

"Tremaine Nelson I don't know what your thinking but the answer is no." Maria said.

"Come on baby please, I need you to be my cheerleader." Tremaine said kissing on her neck.

"That's not gonna' work and no, next semester I'm taking child care classes, look baby I'll always be your cheerleader, I'll be at every single game with the best seat cheering you on but I'm not being a cheerleader literally to do that." Maria said.