Chapter 27: A Breaking Point

The mansion at the top

On with the story

Enjoy

Maria's Pov

I just cried and cried in Tremaine's arms, I didn't wanna stop but he never let me go, it's amazing how he's always here for me especially during these type of times

My mom left a while ago, I can't imagine how she feels, she loved my dad so much, she never cheated and she was always there for him, she never gave up on their love and always fought, she always told me when I was little never stop fighting.

Khaleel, Keira, Jeremiah, and Aaliyah came in with Amira and Katelyn

Amira, Katelyn, and Mia left out the room downstairs in the living room, we left them with a bunch of toys down there for them to play with.

They didn't say anything, they all just got on my bed and hugged me which formed a group hug.

"Maria you gotta' chill on the crying, it's already bad enough you broke down in front it Mia."Aaliyah said.

"I didn't mean to I just forgot where I was when that news hit me." Maria said wiping her tears away.

"You still got me, your mom, Mia, my parents and 4 good friends that's not going anywhere anytime soon, ain't nobody tryna' replace your dad, we don't wanna' loose you either, we love you and I promise we gon' keep you happy." Tremaine said.

"How can you be so sure?" Maria asked.

"Cause' all I have is my word." Tremaine said.

"You still got us." Khaleel said.

Mariah busted inside the room pissed turning on the news

"Mom what's wrong now?" Maria said.

"Shut the hell up and just listen to this." Mariah said.

Everybody put all their attention on the Tv

"The car crash of Malcolm Catcher is very out of the ordinary, witnesses reported a big black van came towards his car and caused it to flip and when it stopped, he crawled out the window badly wounded and was close to taking his last breath but was pronounced dead before he even arrived to the hospital, so this which was supposed to be a car accident wasn't a accident, back to you Leroy."

Maria gasped covering her mouth

"It wasn't a accident, I can feel it in my gut." Mariah said.

"WHY THE HELL WOULD SOMEONE WANNA' KILL DAD?" Maria yelled.

Before Mariah could Answer the house phone rang and Mariah had one in her upstairs bedroom

Mariah got up to answer it

Mariah: "Who the fuck is this?"

Unknown: "You're next, watch yo' back bitch and that sexy ass daughter of yours."

Mariah: "You come anywhere near her or me and you signed your death certificate nigga', get the fuck off my house phone."

Mariah hung up throwing it at the wall

Maria jumped off the bed clueless but pissed

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" Maria yelled.

"Baby chill." Tremaine said.

"Naw' fuck that, where is all this coming from?" Maria said.

"Your dad had a past ok, we thought we left that shit in the past, I'm sorry we did our best to keep this far away from you." Mariah said.

"Keep what away from me?" Maria asked.

"Your dad, he was once a drug lord, he killed a lot of people so he made a lot of enemies, they're trying to kill me and said that we're next." Mariah said.

"That's not gonna' happen, we ain't gonna' let nothin' happen to y'all." Tremaine said walking out the bedroom and walking at the foot of downstairs.

"MIA, AMIRA, KATELYN GET UP HERE." Tremaine yelled.

They came running up the stairs past Tremaine inside the room with everybody else

"Why you called them up here." Jeremiah said.

"Cause' I got a bad feelin', I don't want them downstairs by themselves." Tremaine said.

Gun shots rang out every jumped on the floor getting down and didn't get up until the gun shots stopped

Everybody huddled together protecting each other bodies mostly Mia's Katelyn's and Amira's

They stopped like a minute later and Mia, Amira, and Katelyn was crying

"See I told you'll I had a bad feelin', this is starting to get outta' control." Tremaine said.

"This is some crazy-" Aaliyah said while Jeremiah cut her off.

"You better not say it." Jeremiah said.

"Ok we need a plan, a fast one." Jeremiah said.

"We not staying here, they already shot up the place." Mariah said.

"That mansion where I had my pool party, we'll all go there until things cool down." Tremaine said.

"Great idea baby, its only 10 minutes away from our high school, I'm sure we can manage." Maria said.

"We leaving tonight." Tremaine said.

"You mean just you Maria Mia and her mom right." Aaliyah said.

"No, we all need to be together, that's best, Jeremiah two body guards in front of the mansion and in the back." Tremaine said.

"Not a problem." Jeremiah said.

-

11:00p.m.

"Wow this mansion is absolutely beautiful." Mariah said.

"Thanks it's my parents, they lended it to me from time to time, it has eight bedrooms, seven bathrooms, two living rooms, dining room, a kitchen, a game room, a bar room with a pole, four garage bays, a pool, jacuzzie, gym, basketball court and tennis court and play room for kids." Tremaine said.

"Ok everybody you can go pick a room but me and my baby got the master bedroom, so don't even think about it." Tremaine said and Amira Katelyn Mia took off ready to share a room.

"Yay' girl time." They all said at the same time and ran away upstairs.

"I guess we're spending Christmas here." Maria said.

"Yeah but were stayin' here until we're off to college and Mrs. Catcher, I worked it out with my parents this mansion is yours and will be in your name soon." Tremaine said.

"Thank you so much." Mariah said walking away upstairs along with everybody else except Maria and Tremaine which had all downstairs to themselves.

"You ok?" Tremaine asked.

"I'm always ok as long as I got you, Mia,  my mom, our friends I'm ok." Maria said.

"We gon' find out who did it and when we do the same pain their putting you and your mom through, they're gonna' go through hell, you have my word on that." Tremaine said.

"Let's just focus on giving Mia, Amira, and Katelyn a good Christmas." Maria said.

"I love you and I'm here for you, I need you to know that baby." Tremaine said.

"I love you too daddy." Maria said getting on her tippy toes to kiss his lips and he embraced her in a hug lifting her feet off the ground kissing her passionately.

R.I.P Malcolm