Chapter 6- Gabriel Ortiz! *edited*

Slowly a trickle of black lines began to venture into the room. Almost immediately I pulled a small vial of holly water from my pocket as Eric pulled a small wooden cross out of his hidden sleeve pocket. My heart pounded inside my throat as fear pooled in my lower stomach.

"Who are you?" I asked trying to coax the demon out of his shell.

A loud roar sounded causing everything in the room to shake hard as the figure took full shape against the wall.

"Tell us your name Demon!" Eric growled his deep voice raising as I extended the cross towards the demon figure.

As I've done many times before on other Shadow Hunter's cases I tipped the holly water vial towards the demon in a broad ark and sprinkled holly water across the demons face.

What I saw-apparently only I could see since no one reacted-shook me to the very core of my being.

The Shadows face was not ugly like all the other demons we've encountered before. It was the face I've seen many times as I studied the history of Shadows.

The roar that emitted from the Shadow was different. This roar was personalized. This roar was especially for me.

This roar was my best friend's scream of fright.

My ears begin to ring and I immediately raised my hands to my ears, dropping the holly water as I bent trying to keep my ears from pooping out.

My vision began to darken around the edges as a sticky wet substance started to leak through my fingers. My legs gave out on me and I watched through what seemed to be like a tunnel as the Shadow laughed maniacally and disappeared from sight. My eyes closed as if to blink and even I knew I wouldn't be waking up for a while.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When I came to the first thing I noticed was that I was on a really soft bed. The next thing I realized was that there were several stalker-like eyes on me. I slowly peeked my eyes open and found my father's face way too close for my liking.

My father, Leo Silvers, was a man that when I was growing up I made sure to always keep happy so as to not be punished.

As I got older the sight of his six feet flat, toned body with dark red hair and blue eyes began to irk me.

It was just too much restraint for a child I guess. Now in this precise moment where my whole body aches and I can barely move my bottom half I do not want to even breathe in the same air as him.

"She's awake." Leo said stating the obvious.

"I can see that Leo." Eric grumbled from my other side.

I turned my head just in time to catch the end of Eric's eye roll. I smiled awkwardly and pulled my body up into a sitting position. Eric helped me up slowly before letting me lean against the small stack of pillows. "Where am I?" I asked looking around the room. The walls were a pale cream color and the only thing in the room was a dresser and the bed.

"Right after you passed out, Vanelope's brother got there and insisted we leave the house immediately. After calling your dad to confirm which hotel to use we found this one and packed their bags and left." Eric explained climbing into bed with me.

I cuddled into his side seeking warmth as my body began to tremble. "The Shadow fed on my fears didn't it?" I asked my voice small like a child's. No one spoke for a few seconds and I refused to make conversation with my father.

There was a brief knock on the door before a pause and another knock. "Come in". Eric ordered as he lifted both our bodies into sitting positions. The door opened slowly before a blonde head poked inside.

My heart literally stop and it wasn't like those movies and books that express a huge happiness when one meets there soul mate. No! My heart stopped in dread. I had hoped this day would never come. But I had to admit, my mate was a hunk. He had gorgeous curly long hair that brushed his mid back as it was held back by a light grey hair tie. His eyes were a beautiful grey with little gold specks on the pupil. He was tall, taller than me as he stood at 5 feet 11 inches compared to my 5 feet 1 inch. His body was built like a swimmer with muscles in all the right places as he stepped into the room his feet a foot apart, shoulders tensed and hands behind his back. He was the perfect guy at least for me but I'm guessing that was all that mattered in this scenario.

My body began to convulse on the bed against Eric's side as something within me snapped. I felt my wings snap free of my mental restrain, my fangs push beyond my bottom lip and my chest lifted forward with a horrible sickening crack sounding around the room. I felt my now black eyes and purple iris roll to the back of my head as blood slowly trailed down my cheek, forehead and into my hair.

I believed I was lost within the darkness but suddenly a small speck of light began to blossom like a flower until before me, you stood shinning like the sun.