Chapter 7- History Lesson! *edited*

Once I regained consciousness I knew I was alone.

Something I greatly appreciated. I pulled myself up into a sitting position my body now at its full strength. I took a deep breath and brushed my hand down my face. A soft beating brought my attention to my wings. They stood tall behind me, beating softly to their own music. I ran my hand down my long red tangled curly hair before pushing myself of the bed and forcing my complaining body to move. I made my way to the mirror and grimaced at my horrible look. My black and purple eyes were bloodshot and my red hair was a mess down my back. Blood ran down the sides of my face and chin and my cloth looked like I'd slept in them for two days which kind of felt like I had.

I turned in a small circle and was glad to find a spare of cloths on the foot of the bed. A door to my left was open and I smiled gratefully seen it was a bathroom. I grabbed my cloths and awkwardly made my way into the bathroom. I slowly peeled my cloths of my body feeling a huge weight been shaken from me.

After showering, brushing my rather nasty smelling mouth and hair, I felt semi normal enough to get dressed. I laughed lightly as I pulled on a pair of black boxer like panties and a black sports bra then my grey tank top to go under a black long sleeve and black cargo pants. I pulled my long hair into a ponytail and grunted as it still slapped against my lower back. A few unruly curls laid freely against the sides of my face refusing to submit to my hair style of the day. I pulled on my black high tops and threw all my dirty cloths into a small shoulder bag. I left the bathroom and made my way across the room towards the door. Once I grabbed the door handle my mind decided to remind me, I had a mate just outside those doors. My heart leaped in my chest as my hands started to get clammy. Small cub lions decided to tear at my stomach as a small mix of anticipation and dread took me hostage. I had two choices.

1-I could put on my big girl panties and go out there and make the best of the situation.

Or 2-I could hide out in the room and starve to death until someone took pity on me and brought me food.

Ignoring my rumbling stomach I selfishly began to contemplate option number two. But luck is never on my side seen as in that instant the door opened and I had to jump back to keep from receiving another injury. Esteban stuck his head into the room before the rest of his body followed. His short brown hair was wet against his forehead and his dark brown eyes seemed a light with humor.

"Morning sunshine. Ready for breakfast. I know I am. Mrs. Ortiz wouldn't let us eat without you but Eric was a little scare to come wake you up although he said something along the lines of letting you sleep but I think that's bull. So I decided to come wake you up but seen as your up, let's go eat." Esteban said bouncing on the balls of his feet.

I blinked slowly as he talked surprise he didn't stop to catch his breath or pause in the process.

He reached forward grabbing onto my wrist before pulling me out of the room.

My mind still couldn't progress how from begging for his life, he'd come to the guy who willingly went and got me so he could eat. Although I guess having someone who could help keep the love of your life alive kind of made you not enemies anymore.

Esteban tugged me into a large living room that opened up to the dining area. I swallowed thickly as everyone turned in their seats to look at me.

Vanelope and Mrs. Ortiz were the only ones to smile at me.

Eric gave me the 'you should be sleeping' look and Mr. Ortiz and Leo seemed to be in a deep conversation.

I tried my hardest and succeeded from looking at the person sitting next to Eric as Esteban tugged me to the only two empty seats left. Right in-between Vanelope and her brother. I sat down heavily in my chair and murmured a small 'good morning'.