Chapter 27- Life Is Beautiful! *edited*

It's been nearly two months since I left that house. Gabriel never tried to contact me. The hunters did. Even his family called once a week to check up on me. But Gabriel didn't even send a text.

At first it was hard what with hunter pregnancies been accelerated. I was quickly bombarded with the thousand pregnancy symptoms. My breast grew three sizes while just a simple trip to the store next to my house cause me to quickly grow fatigued and have to sleep for five hours straight.

Don't even get me started on my strange food addictions. Who on God's green earth eats oranges with peanut butter?

Or a salad with cranberry sauce, the one that people put on ice creams?

It discussed me to no end but my body craved it and honestly I was one of those people who believed if you don't eat every one of your cravings your baby could come out with some defects.

I was back in my apartment and my baby's room was decorated in white and gold.

I didn't know the gender of my baby what with me been a hunter I didn't want people to suspect of the magic coursing through my blood stream.

Karen visited me as often as she could when she wasn't working but I liked hanging out by myself and my baby.

But two days ago I began to follow a lead on a possibly possessed man that roamed the streets with no self control. He had already raped two young girls and both had become pregnant with half shadow babies. One of the babies died while been delivered but the other one survived. We've put the mother and child in a protection program where the child will undergo major therapeutic procedures to help steer him away from been a full on shadow.

My next step was to go to the man's home. That's where I was headed now. I just hope I would be able to go in and get out before it got dark out in less than half an hour.

The house was a small distance from the coffee shop in which I was in so I decided to walk.

The house came into view quickly. It was a plain yellow house. It had two bedrooms and one bathroom, the kitchen and living room along with a two spaced garage.

The house was quiet and remained that way even after I knocked on the door. I pursed my lips before slowly turning the door knob. It opened without hesitation.

A putrid smell came out of the house. I slowly crept into the house ignoring the strong urge to turn tail and flee.

The kitchen was the first thing to come up after a short hallway. I pushed the small door open and it swung on its hinges before settling against the wall. I scanned the room before slowly stepping around the counter in the center of the room. They're where plates scattered all over the place and glass was started in every direction. Small blood splatters littered the floor leading to the pantry.

I slowly slid the door open on its wheels and quickly turned my head away.

A boy maybe sixteen years old was impaled against the wall. Two knifes where shoved into his eyeballs and his heart laid in his lap.

I took a deep breath through my mouth before continuing to survey the rest of the house. The living room was cleared almost like the family had just left for dinner before everything went wrong. One of the two bedrooms appeared to be the kid's. That one along with the bathroom where cleared as well before I made my way to the master bedroom.

The door was opened just a crack. I peeked in and managed to stop myself from screaming out at the scene I found.

A woman laid on the bed, completely naked as the day she was born. Her inner organs where perfectly placed on the bed besides her body along with what appeared to be a deformed baby's body.