Chapter 26- He knows! *edited*

Chapter 26- He Knows! *edited*

I woke up the next morning with a killer headache. Sunlight was drifting in through the window and my face was stuck to the kitchen table. I groaned as I sat up and looked around. Eric was slumped against the wall right next to the counter while Leo was sitting besides the kitchen door sleeping.

I rubbed my eyes and stood to my full height. My neck and back ached terribly and I could only imagine how the boys will feel. I needed a shower and soon.

Half an hour later I padded back into the kitchen with my hair dripping down my back. I had thrown on a black tank top and some ripped jean shorts.

Leo and Eric where still sleeping and I could only guess that Mr. Brandon was two.

I gently shook the boys awake before assigning myself the job of cleaning.

The house was covered in salt but that was easy to get ride off. The protection symbols that had been sketched into the walls weren't going to come off anytime soon, if it ever did.

It took a while to get the house back to its original state.

I stood in the hall contemplation how to clean the foot prints from off the walls and ceiling when Eric and Leo came back looking wide eyed and bushy tailed.

"Hi." I mumbled absently.

Leo and Eric both stared at the foot marks on the ceiling before turning to me. "Just fly up there." Eric shrugged.

They left soon after to get back the knifes and any sharp objects from the neighbors. I sighed and trudged into my room to find cloths that wouldn't rip once my wings unfolded.

As I flipped through my cloths I found a small blue bag with a note from Karen.

'Use when you shift. It should be strong enough to hold on.'

I frowned and pulled the silky material from the bag. At first it just looked like a bunch of strings with a skirt but then I realized it was a dress with only two strings to hold it together at the back.

I changed with much difficulty before going into the bathroom to look at myself.

The dress was completely black with only a line of red around my low hips. A piece of string connected at the front of the dress before dropping down the center of my back and crossing over two strings that hugged my lower back. The dress was a little tight and hugged my baby bump perfectly.

I pulled my hair down from its hair tie before allowing the small shift to overtake my body.

My grey wings slipped from my back muscles with a small unzipping sound. My two fangs slid past my bottom lip and my eyes burned before settling into they're purple color.

I grabbed a rag from its bowl before allowing the soft beatings of my wings to raise me up to the ceiling. As I furiously scrubbed at the ceiling I heard Mr. Brandon come down from his room.

I looked at him and concentrated on shrinking my fangs and changing my eye color back. A few seconds passed before I was successful.

Mr. Brandon was standing in a pair of shorts that reached his mid calf and a long white shirt. He was shyly rubbing his hands together.

"Is everything okay Mr. Brandon?" I asked softly.

Mr. Brandon looked up and gave me a little frown.

"Is it really gone?" He asked as tears formed in his eyes.

"He's gone for now. It's up to you now to keep him away." I fluttered down onto my feet.