Chapter 28- Do you still love me? *edited*

We all sat quietly in the waiting room. Amory was currently in my father's arms. Leo had left half an hour ago to call the hunters.

I was still in a shock state. In less than one hour, I had gained a daughter and could possibly be losing my wife.

I had gone through the birth certificate process in a daze until the nurse asked if I was going to accept my father rights or deny them.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Would you like Amory to have your last name or her mother's?" The nurse asked me.

"She would have given Amory your last name." Leo whispered besides me.

I nodded and proceeded.

I had then gone back to my chair and have stayed there for the past hour.

No one knew what was going on inside that hospital room and no one came out to inform us.

Suddenly Karen and Andrew came down the hall along with Leo.

I was prepared to have the bejeezus slapped out of me by Karen but she simply turned her nose up at me and sat next to my father.

Suddenly that hurt more than been physically hurt.

Karen took Amory into her arms and silently cooed at the baby girl.

I watched from a far as Amory gurgled at the attention she was getting from everyone around her.

My chest constricted.

I had a daughter.

A daughter I would have to protect from the cruel world in which we live in.

A daughter that would grow up to be a hunter.

A girl that by the age of sixteen, boys would be flocking around her.

A daughter that would go through depression and pain which I would never understand.

A daughter whose heart took nine months to be formed but a boy like me would break in a matter of seconds without blinking an eye.

Tears gathered in my eyes. I fished my wallet out of my pocket and pulled out the one picture I carried with me. It was the picture that was taken in Mr. Brandon's home while Amelia was pregnant.

I silently caressed the picture.

Suddenly a small wail came from Amory as she fuzzed and kicked out her little feet.

Everyone seemed to crowd the little girl but that seemed to make it worst as her wails grew in pitch.

Anger set into my chest as people who weren't her parents tried to calm her.

I quickly stepped up and pulled my daughter from my father's arms.

Immediately her wails soothed as her little lips pursed and her little hand wrapped around my pinky closest to her. Her other little hand reached up to my face. Her little hand opened and closed as I settled my face closer to her before she gently gripped my nose.

I nuzzled my face into her little arm and closed my eyes in comfort.

"You can go in to see her but only one at a time." A nurse gently mumbled.

I looked up and nodded.

When no one made a move to enter the hospital room, I settled Amory against my chest and approached the room.