Chapter 9- Amelia! *edited*

By the time the rest of the hunters got to the hotel room, Eric had binned my arm close to my chest and cleaned a gash I had received on my side. I was grumpy the whole time as my inner beast fought to get out and mark Gabriel as mine. My neck twitched and a loud groan was drawn from my throat as my inner beast slammed against my head trying to get out. My eyes finally focused and of course they lock onto Vanelope.

She stood up from Esteban's lap and sat next to Gabriel. I watched as she leaned towards him and something inside me snapped. My fangs grew past my bottom lip, my eyes changed to their demon like black and purple eyes and my grey wings unfurled loudly.

Before I'd even moved Eric and Leo latched onto my wrists and shoulders. While under normal situations I would've been able to throw them off, I didn't. All because I had to watch as Gabriel pulled his police gun and jumped in front of his little sister. Bile rose up into my throat as I shook Eric and Leo gently off me and rushed out the sliding door. A rush went through me as my wings lifted me over the clouds effortless. Tears began to blind me as I began to slowly travel into my dark cloud of depression.

'Nice Amelia only you can make your mate hate you!'

'He's so disgusted by you!'

'He sees you when you watch him then goes and makes fun of you with Esteban!'

'He's ashamed of those marks on your hands!'

A powerful sob shook my body as I pulled my knife from my boot. With shaky hands I held it over my soul mark and slowly began to drag it throughout each line. An unimaginable pain began to resonate through me but I didn't scream I just cried as my wings slowly lost strength.

~Gabriel's P.o.v. ~

My legs suddenly gave out on me as I collapsed onto my knees. I gripped my head with one hand and began to stretch my right hand out as pain began to increase throughout my body. Suddenly before my eyes I began to watch the creature that Amelia turned into drag a knife through out the back of her hand. I screamed as the pain grew and my hand grew sticky. Amelia began to descend the sky quickly and it didn't seem voluntarily. Her grey wings wrapped around her protectively before she began to crash through trees. I was suddenly back in the hotel room with my whole family along with Leo and Eric around me.

"What happened?" Eric asked calmly.

I showed him my hand as my whole body trembled.

His eyes grew wide in fear before he turned to Leo.

"Find Amelia quick. She's broken her side of the bond" Leo quickly rushed out the sliding door before a loud swooshing was heard.

"What's going on?" My dad demanded getting into Eric's face.

"Amelia is Gabriel's soul mate, kind of like Esteban and Vanelope. Seen as Gabriel has only shown Lia disgust and distrust she has decided to break part of the bond." Eric explained as he pushed my dad back. "Don't worry Gabriel you won't have to pretend to tolerate her anymore. She's gone." Eric growled before rushing off in the direction of his room dialing furiously on his phone.

~Amelia's P.o.v. ~

I laid against the hard ground just watching as my skin stitched itself back up. My wings were bloody and bruised from taking such a hard fall.

The soft beating of a pair of wings registered to me before two feet thudded against the ground.

"Amelia are you ok?" Leo's voice registered in my brain.

I giggled stupidly before nodding.

Leo's cold hands slipped under my body before suddenly we were air born. My head lolled back and I smiled as I got to watch the stars over us.

"So pretty!" I whispered.

Leo cradled me against him. "Sleep baby girl!" He ordered softly.

A tear slipped down my cheek as I remembered the last time Leo, my father, called me his baby girl. It was so long ago I could no longer remember.

"Why'd you turn me into a monster daddy?" I whispered before darkness consumed my vision.

We all have a breaking point. And it's okay to reach it every now and again.