two.

MOONS.
002. | ❛ asking for advice.

Freya came to the shack at the bayou and sat down on the steps, in the distance a white wolf came out from the shadows and toward the Mikaelson sister

"My dear Luna, I came to offer you an update and ask for your advice."

Luna points her ears up to imply that she's here for Freya.

"They both remain at odds. Klaus will never apologize-- not for the blood he's shed, nor the suffering Hayley continues to endure-- and Elijah can never forgive him. Despite my efforts, we are a house divided. Which is not to say I have no good news..."

"Niklaus kept his word-- Marcel controls the Quarter. There, he has founded a fight gym in the old St. Anne's Church where he tests the mettle of those who wish to join his vampire community."

"Elijah has begun joining him for sparring. I believe it helps him work through his anger... and he has much anger."

"While Hope continues to flourish, it is clear she misses her mother. Though Niklaus remains the doting father, he has been of no help in finding a cure for Hayley's curse. Don't worry, he's trying to find a way to unlink you."

"Despite my best efforts, I've yet to find the means to undo the spell placed on her and the Crescent wolves, and Hayley herself continues to struggle, unable to see her child except for one night a month during the full moon. And we're in no position to ask for outside help..."

"Davina's rage at our family has only grown. And, as Regent of all covens, she is far too formidable to be swayed."

" Meanwhile, Niklaus has begun to see Camille for what he calls "their little chats." He claims a desire to amend his ways. In truth, he seems utterly free of remorse... which only drives Elijah further away." Klaus told Luna about these meetings telling her that it has been helping him. Camille was always one of Luna's favorite people on New Orleans.

"I wonder if you would help me with any advice you have on how to heal their fractured bond."

"I guess I came at a bad time since you can't really respond" Freya petted Luna's thin white fur. Luna holds her head up and howls.

"I know Luna. I know" she smiled at her.

*****************

It is still daylight out near Jackson's RV in the Bayou, where Hope is sitting in her stroller next to a picnic table. On the table, Elijah has set up quite a large feast for the Crescents in preparation for the full moon, which includes a meat and cheese platter, bread, sides, desserts and at least a dozen bottles of champagne. Hope coos at her uncle as he continues laying the table, but he immediately becomes tense when he hears the sound of someone approaching. When a truck pulls up, Elijah walks toward Hope protectively and shushes her as he watches a man with an assault rifle strapped to his chest step out of the vehicle and walk toward them.

"Hell of a spot for a picnic." A hunter says to Elijah

"Yes, if you can tolerate the mosquitoes, it's actually rather serene." Elijah politely holds up a platter in offering, though it's clear he doesn't trust the men and is not at all happy to be dealing with them,"Finger sandwich?"

"Trouble is, you're trespassing. This whole area is now property of Kingmaker Land Development. In two years, it's gonna be golf courses and condos." Two other similarly armed men join the first across from Elijah, who is not the least amused by this news

"I take it you're not on the Board of Directors."

"Uh, my team and I are in... animal control. There's been an influx of wild predators. My boss pays, uh, top dollar to wipe them out."

Elijah narrowed his eyes,"Wild predators?"

"Wolves, if you could believe it. Killed a half dozen last night." Elijah casually turns Hope's stroller around so it's facing away from the men and their guns, not wanting her to see what's to follow. The hunter holds his assault rifle into the air for emphasis.

"And this baby can take a head clean off."

Elijah smiles fakely at the man, and once he's sure Hope can't see the carnage that is about to ensue, he steps toward the hunters.

"Anyway, I'm gonna have to ask you to clear out ASAP." The man makes the mistake of clapping Elijah on the shoulder, which leads to Elijah grabbing him by the arm and spinning him around, twisting his arm so hard behind his back that the bones snap loudly. The other two hunters immediately raise their guns so they're aimed at Elijah, but he easily vamp-speeds toward them, disarms them, and shoves them so hard they fall flat on their backs on the ground. The hunter whose broken arm is cradled against his chest, uses his rifle as a crutch so he can stand to his feet, just as Elijah walks back over to him, snatches his gun, throws it aside, and grabs him in a choke-hold. Elijah then stares him directly in the eyes

Elijah compels him,"Call off your men. You leave this place. You find another line of work. No more dead wolves."

"I'm just an independent contractor. There are other teams out there. I don't have the authority to--"

Displeased, Elijah snaps the man's neck before he can say anything more and drops him onto the ground, looking furious about this development. Meanwhile, Hope happily plays with a small stuffed toy and stares into the woods at a pure white wolf.

Night has fallen at the bayou, Elijah and Hope are sitting on the porch of Hayley's old shack when Freya magically appears in front of him, as though she had teleported there. The two nod curtly at each other in understanding before Elijah vamp-speeds away to run his errand. Freya walks toward Hope and kneels in front of her.

"Hello, sweetie. You'll have to excuse your Auntie Freya, I've had a few big-girl drinks tonight."

Hope stretches her arms above her head in her stroller as her eyes begin to flutter, and after a moment, she falls fast asleep.

Luna walks out from the shadows and approaches Freya and Hope. Wounded from the hunters she collapsed on the porch, Freya rushes over the the wounded hybrid and puts her hand in her abdomen to remove the bullet. Once the bullet was out, Luna started to heal. Freya helps her up and leads her over to Hope.

"Your presence is definitely missed" Freya comments towards Luna who is looking at Hope.

"She's growing fast, isn't she?" Smiling down at the baby

"She has, it's surprising that Hayley still isn't around."

"That is weird, she always looks forward to this one day. Even though we aren't on good terms with one another, I know that she cares for Hope very much "

"This curse is definitely taking its toll on her."

"Yeah, by the way where is Klaus? He was suppose to come tonight. "

"He had a little art exhibition. Maybe it ran longer than he expected. "

"Well, let's hope that he's alright" Luna knew that Klaus could handled himself but he's made a few enemies along the way and she wasn't ready to lose him yet.