thirty two.

MOONS.
032. | ❛ perhaps you should see a therapist.

An emotionless-looking Klaus has just taken a painting off of the wall in the study, revealing a safe that was built into the brick behind it

An emotionless-looking Klaus has just taken a painting off of the wall in the study, revealing a safe that was built into the brick behind it. He spins the lock and puts in the combination to open it. Inside is a wooden box, which he opens gently as he walks away from the safe. Inside the box is a stack of old letters in fading envelopes. Suddenly, the scene cuts to a short time later, where Freya, Luna, and Elijah have joined him in the room.

"You collect trophies from all your victims?"

"Letters to their loved ones, to be specific."

Klaus tries to ignore them as he starts to look through the letters,"It was a phase."

"A phase in which we were forced to learn a different kind of stealth."

He sits forward in his chair to continue the story for Freya and Luna's benefit.

"You see, over time, Niklaus' enemies grew so numerous, we had no choice but to artfully withdraw from the world." Klaus gives Elijah an offended look.

"And then..." Freya gives him a curious and exasperated look, and he turns to address her.

"Well, I wouldn't exactly describe our presence in this city as discrete. Wouldn't you agree, Niklaus?"

Klaus, exasperated and frustrated, finally joins the conversation in earnest,"We all saw the white oak destroyed! Plus, this city is crawling with vampires, all of whom had no choice but to shield me from potential foes! Were I to die, they would die, too. I couldn't have been more safe!"

Klaus is starting to look extremely worried now,"And now my sire link is undone. Those very foes will come for me... Like never before."

"It's only been a few days since the link was broken. Must you jump into crippling paranoia already?"

"It's a default setting."

"And for good reason!" Elijah stands to his feet to walk over to where Klaus is standing.

"Well, Niklaus, if it offers you any solace whatsoever, you've ransacked Aya's belongings, torched Aurora's hunting ground, and obliterated every last splinter of the white oak."

Klaus lowers his voice threateningly,"I would be mad to believe that."

"Perhaps you should see a therapist." Luna speaks to him

Klaus, realizing she means Cami, sighs deeply. He looks over at Freya, who still looks exasperated by his behavior, before walking away without another word. Elijah takes a deep breath, and Freya gives Elijah a skeptical look,"Every last splinter? You're sure?"
_______________________

Luna sits in the study, drinking her blood bags. Looking around it seems that she has drunken 10 at most. She drops the current blood bag to the floor as she is still not full.