nighteen.

MOONS.
019. | ❛ something that needs to be kept behind glass.

Everyone has just finished unwrapping their gifts, and Elijah rings the bell on the new tricycle he bought for Hope to entertain her

Everyone has just finished unwrapping their gifts, and Elijah rings the bell on the new tricycle he bought for Hope to entertain her. Hope tries her best to ring it as well, to no avail. Hayley giggles affectionately, which makes Jackson smile from nearby, though Elijah's physical proximity to Hayley does seem to bother him slightly. He walks over and hands Hayley another glass of wine, just as Rebekah, wearing a coat and carrying a suitcase full of her belongings, enters the room with a somber expression. Freya's face looks sad as she acknowledges that Rebekah has to leave once again and stands to her feet to say goodbye.

"Oh, Rebekah. So soon?"

"Take care of our brothers, Freya."

Rebekah leans forward to give Freya a hug, which she returns.

"God knows they need it." Rebekah pulls away and turns back to Elijah, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek before rubbing Hope's back b

"Bye, baby." Rebekah turns to Hayley with an apologetic and guilty expression.

"I'm so sorry about what I said, Hayley." It's clear that while Hayley knows Rebekah didn't mean it, she's still slightly hurt by the words nonetheless. Regardless, she smiles at Rebekah to assure her she's forgiven.

"It's fine."

"You know, when I left last, I thought for sure you'd hate Klaus forever."Hayley laughs and rolls her eyes??

"Oh, I will! But even when you hate him..." Rebekah smiles at this remark, and Hayley laughs before giving Rebekah a hug.

She turns towards Luna with a sad expression, " I hope you can forgive me as well. " Luna just wraps her hands around Rebekah's body as she returns the hug.

"Come back soon" Luna says

"I promise I'll try" Rebekah says with a smile.

Klaus walks into the room, Rebekah turns to him, noticing his sad expression at the thought of her departure.

"You're always leaving."

"And I always come back." Klaus gives Rebekah a tight hug before pulling away to remind her of her instructions.

"Run far and fast, stay on the move, and-- should you happen to meet some handsome fool-- know your weaknesses." Rebekah laughs happily at this remark before giving him a look.

"Haha! Well, perhaps it's time our roles reversed. I'll run away from love if you run toward it." Rebekah turns and looks back at Luna, who seems to have heard what Rebekah said and looks bashful as she and Klaus make eye contact.

********************

Klaus has just walked out of his bedroom and onto the balcony, where Luna is looking out onto the streets of the French Quarter.

"You look..." Luna smiles at him in amusement.

"Don't say tired. You've lived long enough to know you should never tell a woman she looks tired!" Klaus smiles widely at her.

"I was going to say "contemplative.""Luna rolls her eyes and laughs sarcastically. She walks over to the small drawer in Klaus's room and hands him a little red velvet box. He looks down at it in appreciate.

"I got you that before all the crazy things started to happen." Luna said. Klaus opened it up and saw the same crescent moon that he got Luna.

"I had this whole speech prepared for when I was going to give it to you." She walked once again to the balcony.

"But this is surely not bothering you? A penny for your thoughts?"

"I was thinking about you..." Klaus' mouth gapes open in shock, though he isn't expecting what comes next.

"...And what Rebekah said."Luna turns so she can Klaus in the eyes.

"Is she right? Do you see me as this fragile thing that needs to be kept behind glass? To protect me from Aurora...?" Klaus' smile falls at the reminder of Luna being taken captive by Aurora.

"Don't. Please. When I think of all the ways she could have hurt you..."

"She didn't. Klaus, she didn't... Because of you. I've lost count of the amount of times you've been there for me and everyone you care about. But today? You saved someone who doesn't mean a thing to you. Why?"

"Because you wished it. Because what's important to you is important to me. What makes you happy makes me want to keep you so. What scares you I want to tear apart." Klaus hesitates, and Luna is completely stunned at this declaration of affection from him.

"I do not wish to watch you from behind glass, Luna"

"What do you wish?"

Klaus stares her in the eyes for a long moment before quickly leaning in and crashing his lips against hers. Luna wraps her arms around his neck and kisses him back, and the two make out on the balcony as Klaus slides his arms around her waist. Klaus eventually pulls away, and Luna smiles in bliss before giggling happily, which makes Klaus laugh as well.

Luna and Klaus are standing next to Klaus' bed, staring at each other intensely while Klaus softly trails his fingertips up Luna's arm toward her neck. Luna sits down on the bed and tugs Klaus closer toward her by the front of his shirt. He then grabs her roughly by the hair and begins to kiss her passionately, which she returns in kind. When he pulls away, they stare at each other breathlessly for a split second before he pushes her backward onto the bed and crawls on top of her. Klaus smiles in awe as they both lay back on the bed with Klaus on top of her. Quick moans rose from her throat. Luna shuffled on the mattress repeating his name, while her hands found their way to Klaus' back and left some blood marks but he healed so he couldn't care less.

His lips left kisses on her skin,and his hands touched her body, and his eyes adored every part of her.

"I love you." He whispered through his thick accent as he intertwined his fingers with hers.

Klaus breaks away from the kiss, and he and Luna stare into each others eyes as Klaus gently runs his fingers down her arm. He continues to stare at her as she runs her own hand down his chest.

Luna wakes up in Klaus' bed in to find Klaus sleeping soundly beside her. She smiles at the sight of Klaus looking so peaceful. She takes a second to look at his face and quickly falls asleep.

Klaus awakens to find that he is spooning with Luna, whose face is turned away from him. He smiles and lifts his hand to stroke her hair away from her neck. And here's to even better tomorrow.