Chapter 1

Anne's POV

"Anne, are you going to the club with us?" Nichole asked me across the phone.

"Yeah sure, but when?"

"I've called your mother and all your aunts are coming, but I think you have a private lesson to attend."

"Yeah, but I'm not going." I hung up and placed my phone on the sofa, and headed to my room to find something to wear for tonight. I'm good-looking, like really good-looking. Maybe even pretty, if that's what you'd like to call it. I'm not overconfident, but still I know how my looks affected others. At school, they used to call me Miss California. My hair is light brown with natural curls that I like to keep loose cascading down my shoulders. I'm not fat but also not too skinny. I like my tanned skin unlike many other people I know. I am not into interacting with my family much and they're exactly like me. I don't like all of them, except my cousins. Nichole is my cousin who's one year younger than me. She is pretty but always deny it. She is always jealous of me, that's why we're never into the same things but I definitely like her.

"Anne, are you ready?" My mom asked. I don't know if I love my mom or not. Sometimes I feel like I really love her, but I just can't bring myself to tell her anything about myself.

"I'm ready. Who will I be going with?" I asked raising a brow.

"Your uncle." She quickly replied. I went outside and sat in the passenger's seat and waited for my uncle to come out with his friend.

"Ready?" he asked. I didn't know what he meant, exactly, so I just quirked my eyebrows in his direction."I mean are you ready to go?" He explained.

"Yeah?" I replied but it turned out being a question.

"See you, Mason." He turned to his friend. Mason was my ex-boyfriend. I loved him, I mean I still love him but we were never meant for each other. He hurt me, and my family doesn't like him being around me, so clearly we were of totally different leagues. We were just not meant to be. He looks so hot today, I can barely look away. The outline of his defined six pack is visible through the white V-cut t-shirt he was wearing. I shivered as I looked into his bright blue eyes. It just drove me crazy whenever I see him. I wish I could have him still.

As soon as we arrived at the ''sport'' club. I rushed outside of the car and spotted Nichole.

"Hey Nichole, I've missed you so much." I said, hugging her tightly when I reached her.

"Me too," She answered, hugging me even tighter. Nichole changed this year. It seems like she has something on mind and she's not telling me. Her brown eyes had light up when she saw me this time. That wasn't a good sign, though. She was jealous!

"So, will you be sleeping over tonight?" I asked. 

"Yeah grandma said that we could have the apartment available on the last storey!" She said happily.

"Cool," was the only word I managed to say because I was so happy that I could burst.

The evening was going well so far. We, as usual, exchanged secretes, made fun of people and the tantalizing food didn't tend to stop our tommy from wanting more. Nichole didn't stop talking about guys which was, somehow, the only irritating things. I don't go out looking for guys like most of the girls here do. I prefer hanging out for shopping you know or maybe buying more make up but here, I feel like ''guys' is the only topic we can talk about so I'm trying to act cool with it anyways. We spent the whole time all together in the club. Sometimes, I feel like I really want to spend more time with my aunts and family but then they have to do something to irritate me... 

"Mom, can I go over at Nichloe's? l'll be sleeping over." I asked as soon as we reached our apartment. I knew they were all going to stay till midnight at my grandma's apartment and I really had enough time with them today so there is no way I'm going with them. It's either I welcome my own bed or I stay at Nicole's house.