Chapter 17

"M... Mason?" I asked, hesitation filling my voice as I looked at Mason who was just drinking his coffee nonchalantly.

"What's wrong?" Boudy asked, scanning me then glancing at Mason.

"Nothing." I replied, not looking at him. I was afraid that Boudy knew something and that he would kill me.

"Are you back together?" Boudy asked, breaking the silence.

"You meant...? Oh no. We're not." I said as I took a deep breath and returned back to normal. Phew, he doesn't really know anything.

"I have a surprise for you." Boudy said as he stood up. Derrek, Boudy's friend, was still sitting there and watching this whole scene.

"Surprise?" I asked, raising my brow.

"Wait here." He turned and moved away while Derrek stood up too.

"Do you drink?" He asked, looking at me.

"I don't." I said, sounding rude as I was looking at neither of them. Derrek moved towards the bar, leaving me and Mason alone.

"You get prettier and prettier everytime I see you." Mason said, grabbing my attention as I was thinking about Boudy's surprise. "Anne?" Mason interrupted, breaking this long silenece. I looked at him, not managing to answer. "What's wrong? Are you..?" He stopped his questions as Boudy came with a prett- looking girl next to him.

"You wanted to see my girlfriend." Boudy stated. I stood up and smiled at the girl. She was really beautiful. Her long, black hair fell loosely to her hips. Her dress was tight on her body, making her look hot. Her eyes grew wide as she saw me. She was really so damn beautiful.

"Kara, this is my sister's daughter, Anne." Boudy introduced us as he sensed that the both of us didn't dare to take the first step to talk to each other. I was at a loss for words. I had wanted to see Boudy's girlfriend so bad for so long. We shaked hands and sat in the lobby, talking and chatting about everything. She was extremely kind and sweet too.

Derrek came back with four cups of whatever it was in his hands. "Kara doesn't drink." Boudy said as Derrek handed him two cups.

"And Anne too." Derrek said, giving me a cute smile.

"Hey, never flirt with Anne,\." Boudy said firmly to Derrek. He said it in a joking manner but I knew that he meant it. I gave him a shy look as I stood up.

"I'm leaving." I said then immediately turned and headed upstairs.

*_____________________*

I woke up the next day, refusing to talk to anyone. I didn't go for breakfast. Instead, I headed to the beach. I sat on a chaselong and grabbed my headphones to listen to some music. I'm bored.

"Anne?" Someone shouted as he removed his headphones. I turned to see Mason and I couldn't help but smile.

"Where are the others?" I asked as I realized he had come alone.

"Having breakfast." He said while I scanned him for a second. Why does he have to be so damn hot? His blue t-shirt was tight, clearly showing his fit body. His damp, black hair was in a mess. I like this guy. He sat next to me, scanning me too. I was wearing a swimming dress over my swimming suit so that it would cover my bikini as I knew Mason would kill me if I walked around in just a bikini. I didn't bother myself to comb my hair, I just left it loose as it is. I like being natural on the beach.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Mason asked, grabbing my full attention.

"Avoiding you?" I asked, raising my brow giving him the 'Are you crazy?' look.