Chapter 29

"So you live here alone then?" Mason asked scanning every single trash in the house. I gave him a look and ignored his question giving my full attention to making my coffee.

"Boudy told me that you are the best one to make coffee." Mason said as he moved closer to me. I can feel his breath as he talked. Without looking at him, I just pushed him away from me few inches just to feel more comfortable. I wanted to cry when the thought of Boudy crossed my mind. Boudy was really good with me. He was my smaller uncle but to me, he was a friend, a father, a brother and everyone. He was everything. He is the only one who helped me even Nichole didn't give a shit about me.

"My bro and Nichole are now engaged." he interruped making me look straight to him.  

"Why do you have to tell me about them?" I asked my voice is grewing a little higher.

"Just telling."

"Don't." I warned as I poured the coffee into two mugs. Yes. Mugs. I drink coffee a lot.

"That's too much." He said but I ignored as I threw myself on the sofa. Mason sat next to me as his hand rested on the upper part of the sofa behind me. I glared at him but tasting my coffee was so much better.

"You are a coffee addict." he said easily his eyes never stopping from checking on me.

"Yup." I said popping the 'P' but not looking at him.

"I am Anne addict" He said playfully while I coughed making the coffee splill out of my mouth. I placed a hand on my throat and looked at him. "Let's get to know each other from the begining." he said while I nodded. I grabbed the remote and turned the T.V. on. I continued changing from one channel to another until finally I got to find my best T.V. show.

"Tom and Jerry?" He said as he grinned raising a brow.

"I like it." I said never looking at him.

"Well, can I watch it with you princess?"

"You're already watching." I said as I looked back at the screen.

"You're still acting like the small Anne. Nothing about you changed." He said making me shiver, twist, and look at him.

"You would've hate me if you saw me two years ago." I said showing clearly my guilt. He quickly cut the eye contact off and gave a quick smirk.

"Will you ever forgive me?" He asked his tone turning to pleadingly and hopefully. Every good memory we passed together crossed my mind when I closed my eyes.

"Forbidden." I said still my eyes never opening.

"Anne, open your eyes and say it to me. In the face." I didn't open and just continued my super stubborn attitude.

"Okay. Don't blame me for this." He said as I felt his lips crushing to mine. My heart fell into my knees as I felt his lips against mine. I didn't return his kiss with one of mine because I was already busy trying to bring me back to normal life. Where I was now? Hell. He pulled and looked at me while I finally managed to open my eyes but still shaking wanting him to kiss me back. Yes. Me. I felt like I wanted to kiss him forever.

"Do you still love me?" He switched the question while I just stared at him with my eyes not knowing what to say. Yes. I do love him but I have to deny it. I don't want to be so selfish and make Kate suffer because her dad would run away any minute.

"I do....." I couldn't complete my words. My heart and brain and everything stopped me from doing so. I just stood up and grabbed the two mugs heading to the kitchen. "It is already too late. You have to leave"

"I know but there is a curfew already and if someone saw me in the streets, I would be in jail today." He said making me ignore the dishes and look at him.