Chapter 14

"Detention, Miss Anne," Mason snapped angrily as I stepped inside the company. I gave Boudy the 'what the hell' look for what his friend was doing, but he didn't care and just turned and moved to his office. I didn't look at Mason at all. I just followed him as he walked to his office.

As the door was shut, I looked at Mason angrily "What the hell did I do?" I asked

"First of all, lower your voice," He said, not looking at me while I moved a hand through my hair giving the 'WTF' look.

"What do you think you yourself are doing? First, you snap at Ashley to tell her thst she had to go and show who she is to you, then you just go and kiss me when you know that I'm her, and then you go crazy with your Lala car, and now you're ending up giving me detentions for no reason!" I shouted, this time showing both my anger and my guilt. I really hated when Mason remained quiet when I'm on my nerves. This is shit!

"Why are you late?"

"Is that a reason for you to give me detention?" I asked, raisng a brow and searching his black eyes.

"Drop the detention part now. Why are you late? What were you doing till now when I woke you up about thirty minutes before?" He shouted while I looked at the ground, not knowing what to tell him.

"I wasn't doing anything." I replied slowly.

"Don't. Lie!" He shouted again, glaring at me with his angry eyes.

"Look, it is not my business that you don't trust girls and for gods sake I am not one of your sluts." I said, refusing to look at him. I am not like the girls he flirts with. I will never be like them. I am the same Anne that wasn't into anyone except her neighbor, she never cheated on him, never hurt him, or anything. I am Anne that left her boyfriend to stop hurting him. I knew that my family wasn't going to accept him forever. I had to leave him for that. He hurt me, not once, but many times.

It was even okay with me because I loved him, him and him only. And now I love Mason, the first person who I have ever loved after my neighbor and yeah he doesn't trust me. Why?

"Copy these files and send it to me by e-mail." He said slowly, still not looking at me.

"And if I said no?"

"Miss Anne, I am not asking you, I am giving you an order. I am the manager and you're th-."

"Okaaaay." I cut him off as I took the files and turned to leave.

I called Mason as I got into my office but he didn't answer me. I sent him a message 'I really wasn't doing anything, I swear. I didn't even see him.'

A minute later, Mason slammed the door as he entered, glaring at me. "Who's he?" He shouted so loud that I got really scared of him.

"I mean-"

"I know what you mean." He started, cutting me off my sentence. "If you still love him, just-"

"I don't."

"Then when you're with me, I don't want you to mention him!" He shouted, leaving me again alone and shutting the door roughly after him.

"I've sent the files." I said as I went into Mason's office, giving him the apologizing look.

"I already saw them." He said, pretending to search for something and not looking at me.

"At least say thanks." I snapped, turning on my heels to get out.

"It's your job." He said, making me stop and stare at him.

"I want to know what the hell did I do!" I shouted.

"Why do you hate your birthday?" He asked, scanning me. Tears were collecting in the corners of my eyes, but I managed not to let them out.