Chapter 28

ANNE'S P.O.V.

I didn't really want to get into Mason again. I mean, I don't want to be with Mason again. He walked away just when I needed him and I was crying for him to come back to tell me the truth but instead Derek told my uncle that he didn't even know me. Yes, Mason said that to Derrek. It hurts.

It really hurts.

Pain rushed down to my stomach as the thought of my family crossed my mind. I missed them and I wanted my daughter to grow up with them but I just couldn't do it. No one deserves to see her when they all left when I needed them. I had to act like I killed myself to keep my daughter safe from them. My uncle would've killed me and my daughter if he knew about me being pregnant. I really wish I could go back to them and let my daughter grow up with them, but I just can't anymore! It is impossible! I am dead to them.

"Anne." Someone said as I felt a rough hand on my arm. I turned to face Mason when my jaw dropped and tears started flowing. My heart always splits into two pieces when I see him.

"What do you want?" I said as I turned and started walking home. His eyes scanned me as he crossed me with his arms. Memories crossed my mind as he touched me. I shivered. I pushed his hands off me. "Don't ever do that again." I shouted as I moved away, not wanting to show him how hurt I was. Two years have passed but still I hadn't gotten over it. I didn't even look at any guy. None of them attracted me. I would always see Mason in front of me. I wished I could see him everyday but when he came back into my life I didn't even know how to react to it. God, I was so cold-hearted. I didn't even think when I saw him the first time. I just shook hands with him as if he was some normal person. But of course, he wasn't any other person to me.

"Anne, you must listen to me. Give me a chance." He said as he followed me but his words drove me to become even angrier.

"I already gave you one." I shouted as I moved forward, noticing my hair flouncing out after me.

"You should listen to me!" He shouted grabbing me by the arm and making me crash into his chest. My eyes widened in shock and my heart dropped. I was hurt but somehow I felt safe in his arms. It felt really good. I haven't felt like this for years.

"Move." I managed to say in a low voice. I thought that it didn't even come out.

"My father was dying, Anne." He started.

"I was dying too." I said, cutting him off as tears began to fall down my cheeks.

"I had to travel with him for his operation. I didn't mean to walk away. It was killing me that I couldn't even reach you."

"Why did you say that you didn't know me?" I asked with pain clearly shown in my harsh words.

"I didn't say it. All I want to let you know now is that I never wanted to leave you. I never wanted to leave my precious daugher not even for a sec..."

"Don't ever talk about Kate. She is mine. Only mine."

"Anne, you have to understand. We can start our new life. Your family loves you and they care for you. I have been by their side all this time in the past two years." He said as tears started to fall but he wiped them away rapidly, not wanting to show his weakness in front me. My eyes widened as he talked about them and I shivered. Things were getting bad now. I have to fight Mason. He was not taking Kate and he was not about to tell my parents about us.

"I don't want anyone to know about me." I said as I closed my eyes, letting two last tears to fall.

"Anne, I am still in love with you." He said, causing pain to travel all over my body.

"I...Come with me. We'll have a coffee." I said as I turned and headed towards my apartment.

"Same cuteness." He complemented as he followed me in, making me smile in response.

______________________________________________________________________________

Sorry guys it took me so long to update this as schools are starting tomorrow and I had to find a school lol. I traveled to another country and so. Long story lol. So yeah guys

Now enjoooy ;)

edited by Charlotteepickard :) x

*proof read*