Chapter One: Golden Sunlight

Lucy's POV

     I woke up, the sunlight streamed through my window, illuminating my bedroom with it's golden light. I blinked and smiled slowly, sitting up in my bed to peek out my window. It has been a year since the Tartaros guild fell, a year since Fairy Tail disbanded, and a year since Natsu and Happy left... I was helping rebuild the city and today is the day I help farmers in Magnolia replant their seeds. I still was troubled by the fact of not seeing Natsu or Happy's faces, the rest of my guild for that matter. I missed them so much, it was like my heart was an empty void without seeing or hearing any of them.

     I shook my head, I didn't want to remember the sadness I felt the day I read the note. It was like Natsu's letter effected the entire guild: Gray and Juvia left suddenly to try to hunt down and train for E.N.D's battle; Carla and Wendy went to Porlyusica to learn more healing magic and later went to Lamia Scale. Everyone left, including Erza. I missed all of my friends, from Levy to Gajeel. But there was a certain pair I can't get off my mind, and I can't help but keep thinking over the same question: What was the real reason they left?...

     I felt my loneliness and sorrow over cloud my better judgement, I shook my head and got out of bed. I rubbed my eyes and went to my wardrobe. I grabbed a fresh pair of jeans, a velvet purple shirt, a white jacket, and sandals. I went to my bathroom to change. I took a shower, brushed my teeth and hair then got to getting ready. I checked myself out in the mirror. It is almost casual. I dunno why but today feels important, and this is a bit too fancy for yard work. I went into my wardrobe and grabbed my casual outfit. A top and shorts. I switched my outfit and put my slightly more formal one in my hand-bag.

    "Lushee!"

     I whirled around, opened my bathroom door and raced to my bedroom. I thought I heard Happy! The entire place was just as I left it, every detail. I exhaled, slightly disappointed, I checked my apartment just in case, even under my bed to see if I could spy a mop of salmon hair or a ball of blue fluff.

     Still no Natsu or Happy.

     Get a grip, Lucy, this is why you shouldn't think about them!  I scolded myself. I held my handbag tightly and slipped on my sandals. I walked to the kitchen and poured myself a bowl of Frosted Flakes. I sat at my table and silently began eating.

    "I'm so hungry! Luce, can you make us something to eat?!"

     I almost choked on my spoon. Natsu's voice rang in my head, the goofiness and begging of that tone made my eyes well up in tears. I couldn't help myself! I miss them! I can't go anywhere without hearing their voices. I know it's in my head, but the memory of them... It's depressing...

     I quickly ate the rest of my cereal and left my apartment. My left hand gripping my right hand, the one with the Fairy Tail guild Mark. I miss them, I hope their doing well with their new lives...
------
     ???'s POV

    I was at the train station to Magnolia. I hated trains, it's like they flip my insides upside down and taunt me with the bile, same goes for every vehicle. But oh well. It takes everything for me to see my friends again, I miss them. I taught myself patience and control of voice, but waiting for trains pisses me off. Especially waiting in the desert with the morning sun over head. I am not bothered by the heat but the sand ticks me off.

    "Aye, Natsu, are you sure you don't wanna fly to Magnolia?" a Blue Exceed asked me.

    "Of course, Happy, no offense but train is faster than flight. Also, the train drops off near FairyTail!" I replied, curling my right hand into a fist and punching my left palm. "Not to mention that hot waitresses feed you food and barfbags!"

    "I can't wait to return to Fairy Tail! Yeah! I'm fired up now!" I laughed.

    "Aye sir!" Happy cheered.

     There was a cloaked man to my left, his back to the pole. He glanced at me, it was too obvious to not  notice, he looked like he was trying to be sneaky. If you ask me he's failing miserably. His cloak was black and he wore dark blue jeans, his shirt was white and I saw guild tattoo on his right palm, it was black and I couldn't tell what guild. A hood covered his light tan face so I couldn't really make out his features.

    "Your from Fairy Tail?" The man asked.

    "Yeah?" I replied expectantly.

    "Rumor has it that Macarov disbanded Fairy Tail a year ago. If your part of that guild, can you tell me if its true?" He asked, there was something off about his questions, as if he was stating the facts rather than questions. I may be dumb but I could read people easily.

    "Dunno, I haven't been there for about a year now." I said, ignoring my suspicions. "What gives anyways?"

    "Well, you see I'm a fan of Fairy Tail. It would break my heart if they really did disband." He said, wiping away a fake tear with an index finger.

    Tch. I'm not that gullible idiot. I thought bitterly.

    "Your 'Salamander' right? Or Natsu Dragneel?" The man asked.

    "Wow. You've been doing your homework. Yes I am. Mind telling me who you are?" I said, my voice controlled.

    "Pfft, honestly I don't see the point in introductions, I mean we aren't even going to the same city, so why get to know each other if we won't even meet again." He scoffed.

    "Really? Then why did you ask if I'm Salamander if you don't even want me to know who you are?" I snapped.

    "Because your a legend kid," the guy replied plainly. "Me and my guild just showed up so you don't need to know about us... Yet."

    The train pulled up, me and Happy, who was silently watching us, climbed aboard the train. I felt my insides turn the moment I set foot on the train, I didn't take my eye off this mysterious guy the whole time. I collapsed on my seat, I felt the vomit rise in my throat. The moment the train started moving, I watched this man. He seemed to be watching me as well, a smile was plastered on his face. I dunno who this guy is, but he has some nerve messing with a Mage from Fairy Tail.

     Fairy Tail...

    Could what he say about it be true?

    No of course not! Their my nakama! There's no way gramps would let it disband!

     I blinked at the guy. As the train pulled away, all it took was one millisecond for me to blink and for him to disappear...