Chapter Thirty-Nine: Arial Death Match- Mirajane vs E.N.D.

Mirajane

     I clutched my arm and breathed heavily, trying to fuel my lungs with air to make my chest not feel so light. Natsu smirked at me, his razors for teeth peeking out just below his upper lip, his dark and unfamiliar eyes stabbing into mine like a knife. Just the look of him is intimidating, but the fact that E.N.D. is possessing one of our most powerful, most loyal, most lovable mages and using him like a sock puppet brings tears to my eyes. Natsu was like a little brother to us all, with his childish behavior, his adorable laugh and his optimistic views on even the darkest of things. In Fairy Tail, Natsu was basically the very embodiment of hope, and remembering those precious memories made me full of it.

    "Demonic Shadows," I said and extended my arm, shadows flew towards my wounds and wrapped itself around my arm. My arm was glowing violet gently before the shadows dispersed leaving my arm completely healed and mobile. I repeated this process to the rest of my body until I was as good as I started out.

    "Hm? Looks like Satan Soul: Devoria. Such a shame, she really was a powerful demon, well until someone shot her down a few years ago at a church. I reckon you were the one to do so? I am quite surprised," E.N.D. said bleakly, using Natsu's voice in such a manor was an insult piled upon a disgrace.

    "I won't let you sabotage Natsu's name, E.N.D! I will not let you get away with using him like this!" I said, trying to morph my voice into that of Erza's.

     E.N.D. looked at me in amusement but his sparkling red irises flashed olive green for an instant before switching back to red. It barely lasted a second, you could barely notice it from afar but since I was close up I saw it and believed it. Natsu was trying to resurface, he had to be. I don't know if he's conscious right now or if he even remembers us, but it's worth a try to at least attempt to communicate with him before we go all out. I stepped forward and his eyes narrowed, his amused expression instantly turning to blazing anger.

    "What are you doing, girl?" He spat, jumping away with his fists covered in crimson flames.

     I stopped a few feet away from him, I then transformed my leg to show him my blue Fairy Tail embalm. He looked confused and glanced over at his Tartarus guild mark, he looked genuinely confused by what I was trying to make a point of.

    "You told us a long time ago to never leave each other to die, to never forget about each other, rather less the sins of our past, and to always remember that your family would be there for you. Remember that, Natsu? We have been trying to live by those words for a month now, we didn't give up for a second to find you. And I'll let you know right now that I won't give up for a second to save you," I said and E.N.D.'s expression immediately switched to recognition and slowly to pain.

-------------

     E.N.D.

     What is this feeling? There is something about this woman that I recognize but couldn't place my finger on it. And that emblem. Ever since I transformed I felt a huge part of me was missing, and that emblem, just looking at it made that void in my soul fill a bit. Why does this proud mark of Tartarus feel so wrong to bear on my shoulder, what is so special about that fairy shaped one that makes me feel like this? My vision wavered for a minute when a flash, a memory fragment, appeared before my eyes.

//Flashback//

     I was young and small, I didn't know what I was doing but I was standing in front of a huge guild hall, a huge red and gold sign was before it with two yellow fairies with tails on either side of the blue words "Fairy Tail". I looked over to see a short man with a bald head but with a grey moustache besides me, holding a smiley face wooden cane and wearing an outfit very alike to a multi colored jacket, blue shorts and a orange-blue hat with two floppy perks at the top of it that dipped lazily behind his head.