Chapter two: Life Without You

A few hours later, midday.
     Lucy's POV

     I finally came home, my muscles were sore and I felt like sleeping. I slipped off my sandals and switched into the extra clothes I had with me. I rubbed my eyes and put down my bag of dirty clothes. I hate doing all this labor, everything hurts, but at least I was able to get the weight off those poor farmer's shoulders by helping them out with their crops. I yawned and walked in my room, I jumped on my bed and looked up at the ceiling, thinking.

     I wish Natsu and Happy where here. They are so much fun to hang out with, and honestly, I really missed them. From Happy's annoying voice to Natsu's famous idiotic grin. Why would they leave me like this?! I lost all my friends when Fairy Tail disbanded, and now the man I lo- erm, I mean the guy who took me to the guild and became my best friend, left.

     How are they now? Where did they even go to in the first place? Life was boring without Natsu or Happy. How could they leave with their last words being scribbled on a note rather than telling us to our faces? How could they leave me?

     There was a glowing beam of light blue light as the Lacrima in my desk drawer glowed. I put my bag on the ground and rested it against the wall, I walked over to my desk and pulled open the drawer. It was a voicemail from Macarov! But didn't he disappear a year ago?!

    "Hello my children from Fairy Tail, I'm sorry for not communicating with you for a year. I sincerely apologize but I had matters to attend to. Fairy Tail is not  going to disband unless you want it to. So, all Fairy Tail members please meet me underneath the rainbow cherry blossom tree and we all can discuss our whereabouts and life. Then we will decide for ourselves who wants to be in Fairy Tail and who is happy with their current jobs or guilds. Goodbye. Meet me under the tree by sundown or earlier today."

     I almost dropped my Lacrima, it slipped from my hands actually and I caught it before it broke. Maybe Natsu and Happy are there...? I grabbed my stuff and ran out the door, carelessly running over to the middle of town where the tree was.
---
     An hour later.

     I arrived at the tree and most of Fairytail's former members arrived. We where catching up, laughing and drinking. Some of us where even fighting. It was like Fairy Tail never disbanded, I scanned the crowd and searched for some familiar faces; Gray was stripping like always and was brawling Elfman. Erza was as tidy as ever, gossiping with Cana and drinking.

     Where was Natsu and Happy?

    "Hi, Lu-chan!" Hollered a familiar voice, I turned around to see Gajeel and Levy.

    "Levy!" I cheered, we ran up to each other and hugged.

    "Wow you haven't changed a bit!" Levy said as she pulled away. I noticed they had the magic council emblam on their shoulders. I'll ask them about it later.

    "Neither have you!" I giggled. "Hey, have you seems Natsu or Happy?"

    "What?" Levy said. "No, are they not here yet? Or are they... You know... Not going to return?..."

    "Of course, they are as loyal as dogs to our guild. Their late... Hopefully." I whispered the last word under my breath. I wished I was right, hopefully I am.

    "LISTEN UP, BRATS!" Hollered Macarov's familiar voice. We turned around and crowded around him. "We have gathered here today to celebrate Fairy Tail's return. Now who wants to stay in it? Nobody will force you to-"

    "MASTER!" Max yelled, pushing through the crowd. "Natsu is back! Their coming right now!"

    Everyone was excited, nobody saw or heard from Natsu in over a year, after all everyone was making sure to talk to each other after the guild disbanded. I gasped and my heart flew, Natsu is back! I smiled and the whole crowd turned around as a boy's shadow cast across them. I smiled, then my heart dropped in marvel as Natsu approached:

     Natsu was wearing his tunic and scarf as always, but he seemed much more different. Last time she saw him he had spiky pink hair and six packs abs on his chest. Now his hair was longer and was held back in an uneven ponytail, and his six packs where now eight packs. He got taller, from 5'10 to six feet tall. His expression was blank, he wasn't smiling like he always did. Happy was with him, he seemed just as loyal and happy the way he was a year ago. There was a bandage wrapping around Natsu's right arm, from wrist to elbow. Natsu stopped a few yards away from them. He stood and looked like a badass with his new style. The sunset looked like fire behind him. His expression livened up and he looked relieved.

    "Hey, Natsu." Gray finally shouted, breaking the silence.

    "Yo!" Natsu said, his voice was slightly deeper than before. He plastered his old goofy smile on his face. "What's up? And why are you all looking at me like that?" I exhaled in relief, he didn't look the same but at least his personality didn't change too much.

    "Natsuuu!"

     I turned to look at Lisanna. She ran up to Natsu and gave him a bear hug- literally. "Welcome back!" She laughed.

    Natsu hugged her back. "Hey Lisanna! Wow you sure look different!"

    "Like you don't?" She asked and pulled away, examining him. "You look awesome, but what happened to your arm?"

    "Oh this? Its a long story. Well let's hear what Gramps has to say, then let's party!" Natsu cheered.

     I smiled, yep, that's our Natsu. Everyone re-gathered around Macarov. He cleared his throat and continued to speak.

     "Anyways, hello my children. I'm proud to announce that I will be re-opening Fairytail. I wanted to ask you all if you would like to rejoin the guild and continue our adventures together. I nor anyone else is forcing you to stay, you are your own leader so you choose if you want to remain in your current jobs slash guilds or stay here. I don't expect you to answer immediately, but come by the guild hall tomorrow and give me your answer please. But for now, LETS PARTY!"

     The crowd erupted in cheers and everyone began dancing again. That one guy (I don't remember his name) was showing off dance moves. Mirajane was dancing with Lisanna and Elfman was talking to Evergreen. Juvia and Gray are finally now taking normally, Juvia wasn't going girl-crazy over Gray and they where talking about E.N.D. Jet and Droy where arguing over who gets to go on the next job with Levy. I think that means Shadow Gear is definitely rejoining FairyTail. Gajeel came over and offered to dance, levy accepted and Jet and Droy watched with puppy eyes of sadness. Gray abandoned Juvia and went up to Natsu and insulted him, the two banged their heads together then began fighting.

I watched it all, I was so proud my guild mates are coming back together before their big decision tomorrow. I saw something move on the building to our right move through the corner of my eye. It was a shadow of a person. It must be a worker. I thought, and then went over to Erza and Cana. We began gossiping like there was no tomorrow.