Fairy Tail 491 Review *Spoilers*

I read the newest chapter of Fairy Tail this morning and I have to give the chapter a 7/10. It was amazing but the fact that Gajeel is still alive and that I found a plot hole brought down it's numbers when it was originally a 9/10. As a fan I am super hyped to have Gajeel back in action but as a critic I am pretty disappointed.

In the beginning, we see Gajeel and Zera. She explains that while Gajeel was in the process of being dragged to the underworld (yeah, a huge middle finger to the face of Gajeel turning into MBP) a magic was activated to shrink Fiore and randomize the locations of everyone. We do see that Zera is still in fact dead and that she was temporarily revived due to Mavis's thought process resetting. Anyways, this panel was the one who fucked up the rating numbers so lets see why: There was a plot hole in Zera's explanation, when she said that Gajeel was being dragged to the underworld the portal was messed up from Eileen's magic and he was taken away from that. We saw in 490 that Levy and Lily were still grieving when the magic was activated so Gajeel died before Eileen used her magic. And about what this chapter was inferring, Gajeel really was dragged to the underworld, then I guess it would make sense that he was effected by Eileen's magic because it must take time to get taken there. Hiro placed all the evidence that Gajeel's body was turning into Magic Barrier Particles in 488 and he was flying the death flags all over the chapters before. I'm pretty pissed that Gajeel was alive, what use does he have to the story now? Did Mashima really bring him back only for GaLe or is there something else? Whatever it is I still think that Gajeel was brought back waaaay too early, he should've brought him back at least ten chapters later. Excuse me I'm trying to hold in my disappointment by not ranting... hmmph!...

Natsu and Lucy arrived at Kardia Cathedral and the royal palace in the next panel, Happy claims that he couldn't see the guild and the trio go on to questioning. Natsu smells Gray then bingo all six of them are back together. The panels are connected so it shows Eileen has beaten the guards with ease with only the Princess and the King left standing. Arcadios claims "W..what monsterous strength... it defies logic..." so I guess this also supports that Gajeel is alive? Eileen turns the princess into a mouse and tries to set off the king by rooting about how once you change from what you were before, no one would love you, but the king defies, claiming to always love his daughter. Eileen uses her magic to see over the kingdom, like literally having a giant eyeball over the kingdom, and she sees scarlet hair. This might be explained in Elder Sister and Younger Sister.

Then we see master and the forces fighting off the armies, the Eileen Squad shows up and joins in the fray. We hilariously see Jet fail and Droy get covered by goo. Then we see the light and dark twins (I forgot their names) there, they watch Mirajane with interest and were about to make a bribe to see who would kill her first. Before that the Fairy Tail members are alerted to Zera's telepathic messages, all of them, Wendy, Levy, Gray, Natsu, everyone! Zera pressures them to all return to the guild with Gajeel sitting right behind her. At the end we see Natsu shouting "Damn Straight!"