Chapter Forty: Raging Fire

Gray

     We watched from a distance, Mirajane was getting her ass kicked really hard, she was lucky to land a few hits on the demon, but now our strongest hope of defeating and retrieving Natsu had shattered. Erza and Guildarts were back up, me and Lucy were besides them, trying to support them. E.N.D. held out his hand and suddenly a huge beam of fire flew from his hands, Mirajane tried to fly away but she was blasted to the ground, her agonized screams turning my blood cold with despair.

    "MIRAJANE!" Lucy screamed.

     Mirajane landed not too far away from us, either E.N.D. incidentally or he intentionally threw her where she was, she was close to us. He held out his clawed hands and chanted a spell that I couldn't make out, my eyes were glued on Mirajane. Her eyes were wide with fear and pain, but when the huge beam of fire flew town towards us, aiming at her, she closed her eyes as if accepting death. We jumped on our feet and ran towards them, me, Guildarts, and Erza stood side by side, bringing out ur defensive magic while Lucy tended to Mirajane who fell unconscious.

     The gravity of the fire was phenomenal! The gravity seemed to stretch out before the fire beam and it took all my will power to not fall over from the force of it. Erza took out her strongest defensive armor with the huge shield, Guildarts squared himself and crossed his arms for a dispersion spell, and I had my hands ready for iced shield. But before we could chant the spells and even use our magic, the fire suddenly vanished on it's own, behind the beam was the pained face of E.N.D.

-----------------------

     E.N.D.

     //Flash back//

     I was standing in the guild hall, a badass loking pale girl with white hair tied back in a long pony tail and blue eyes was glaring at me and a raven haired human as we brawled, she looked vicious but the scarlet haired girl standing besides her looked even more so as the duo ordered us with their eyes to stop fighting.

    "Natsu! Come on let's go fishing!" a familiar blue exceed flew towards us and cheered cutely with his adorable pre-mature voice, a small girl with short white hair and blue eyes right besides him.

     Before anyone could react, the scarlet haired girl grabbed me and the raven haired boy's head and smashed them together where she continued to go on about how Fairy Tail is about family and not fights. Being the hypocrite that she was, she started fighting with us.

    "Now now, Erza, I think you've proved your point," a tall buffed man with orange hair walked over and said, he wore a black robe with his arms crossed. "Come on, Natsu, let's go." I pulled away from the fight with a wide, true, smile on my face as I followed the three of them out of the guild hall.

     //Flash back end//

     I had to keep telling myself that these humans were strangers, humans that are trying to trick me with memory manipulation magic! Even though I was almost certain of this... It became harder to put more magic energy into the attacks, it began to waver.

     //Flash back//

     I was suddenly in the forest with the same small white haired girl, the orange haired man and the blue exceed. We were resting by the river with fishing poles in tow. I remember feeling restless to catch a fish and trying to impress the old man and the girl besides me, but most of all, trying to show the blue exceed that I was mature!

    "Paitence, Natsu, keep squirming like that and you'll scare the fish away," the old man said kindly and gently. It made me wonder if I was his kid but somehow I knew I had someone else but couldn't place my finger on who.