Chapter three: Whispers from the Shadows

Nobody's POV

     A man with a black hood jumped off the building, his jeans and white shirt where the only physical characteristics anyone could see.

     He landed on the ground lightly, he held up his fist and a magic circle formed in his hands.

     No. The force of the magic radiated in waves, it was like curse magic but slightly stronger. It was a type of magic created a year ago, "Cromatose" type magic, the name has no true known meaning, some say it sounded cool to the creator, who was young when they made it.

    "Earth Cromatose: Grounded Path!" The man said, a hole opened beneath him and covered as he dove in, he was swiftly brought through the ground, tunneling to a certain guild hall moments later.

    The mysterious man appeared in front of a guild hall, it was in the middle of an eerie forest northeast of Magnolia and was about as big as an average hall. The words inscribed on stone over the guild hall entrance read, "DarkEmber".

     The man pulled back his hood.

     There was a DarkEmber Mark on his palm (it looked like Tartarus's but with a sword between the two sledge hammers) and he had long black hair that was held in a ponytail, it was ruffled, relatable to Gajeel's hair but had bangs hanging over his eyes and an non-exposed forehead. Black markings traced his body with black shaped earth tattoos. His eyes where a neon green and he had a scar running from his neck down to his collarbone.

     This man entered the guild hall, there where many humans there with black tattoos covering their bodies, some where even on monsters who fought the humans, not of aggressiveness but of boredom. The demons of DarkEmber.

     This man entered a large room where two people stood and an exceed.

     A teenage-appearing woman with tan skin and blackish-brown hair with blond highlights, she had lightning shaped black demon tattoos on her body and her eyes where black with golden flecks. She was the demon of lightning, second strongest in the guild, Kiminari. She had a red DarkEmber Mark on her left thigh.

     The exceed was female with golden eyes, black fur except for the grey tip of her tail and belly. Zaura was her name, the partner of Kiminari, she has the ability to activate a combat form. She had a golden DarkEmber Mark on her back.

     And finally, there was Arbis, a green-haired Middle Aged woman. She was the leader of "DarkEmber", the maker of these demons. Alike to Zeref's book of Demons, she made "Arbis's scroll of Devils", she was always fond of Zeref and was inspired by his story.

     As a child, she tried to revive her dog, a wolf-german shepherd mix, when it died. The dog who was the last member of her blood family when they were destroyed, it stayed with her and protected her from any circumstances, then it died of illness when she was only 7. She was adopted but used sealer's magic to keep that dog's body sealed. She used the very thing Zeref did and made her "last family member" return, but rather than making it a demon like Zeref's brother, it lived for one more month as a normal being until it died again.

     By trying the same thing Zeref did, she was made immortal and had the power to poison those around her uncontrollably, for her power was poison. Arbis had lived for one hundred years before gathering her demon spawns into a guild. Arbis made her own guild and wanted to find E.N.D. since he was the only known demon out there that could kill an immortal. Not even her own strongest demon was strong enough to kill her. She wanted this demon for the exact reason Zeref wanted it:

     She wanted to die so she can be with her mom, dad and dog again. And that very book that releases the demon, sat on her desk.

    "Did you find him?" Arbis asked the man impatiently.

    "Yes my lady, the identity of this boy is Natsu Dragneel, the adopted son of Igneel, member of Fairytail, and Zeref Dragneel's younger brother. He's currently in Magnolia." The man replied.

    "Good work, Iwa. Now, Kiminari and Zaura, you know what to do."

    Kiminari nodded. "We will do our best Ma'am." With that, the Lightning demon turned into a spark and escaped through the window. Zaura flew out the open window with her companion, their Guild Marks vanishing as they went.

    "Now, how was your mission? How did you gather all this information?" Arbis asked Iwa.

    "Well, let's say I had a little 'conversation' with Natsu when I was at the train station to Magnolia." Iwa said, he chuckled. "He had no idea I was a demon, so I just asked him a bunch of questions and that blockhead answered most of them. Of course he was a bit suspicious of me but I got most of the answers just by asking simple questions to him."

    "Well, at least we know the IQ of our target now. But he was rumored to take down two dragon slayers of the light guild, Sabertooth, Rouge and Sting down at once during the grand magic games. Not to mention that he defeated two of the nine demon gates single handedly, well most of it that is. He is dumb but strong, that much I know."

    "Well, I'm glad I sent Kiminari out to do the job, I created her to be almost immeasurably powerful. And I told her what to do when she finds E.N.D's vessel....
Befriend him,
'Join his guild',
Get him to trust her,
Kidnap him,
And bring his pitiful body to me so that I can get E.N.D's memories and personality back to his body. Then we go from there on out..."

     To be continued...

-------------

A/N:
Okay so this is my first anime fanfiction. I hope you like it and please excuse the grammar and stuff, I'm writing this on my phone. So sorry! See YA next time!