Chapter Fourty-One: Natsu

Lucy

     It started sounding like Natsu was slowly coming to us, but the dark smiles stretched across his lips, his dark eyes were wide and unblinking despite all the pain in his features, his body language said everything: just because I recognize you doesn't mean I won't kill you. Just in knowing that Natsu still recognizes us and is willing to fight for us yet again makes me want to fall in relief.

     Natsu's body flickered then vanished suddenly and reappeared right in front of Arbis, he sent a devastating roundhouse kick to her face that sent her flying and letting go of the book. It seemed to sail through the air in slow motion when Natsu flickered again and vanished, standing near the falling book and catching it in his hands. Natsu clutched the book of E.N.D. against his chest to protect it.

    "Just in knowing that your immortal makes me excited, this means I could go all out and toy with you as much and as long as I want! Geehee...!" Natsu sneered then tipped his head back laughing. He spread out his wings and he vanished in an instant yet again, he was there in a flash and was there to punt Arbis when she lifted her head again. During his haste the book flew from his arms and landed by my feet, he looked at us but seemed to trust us some what enough to not go over and retrieve it himself.

     Nobody moved or spoke for the longest time, we were just watching the fight, completely unaware of everything else around us, everything else we need to accomplish. Natsu lunged at the woman but Arbis held out her arms to X-block his attack by covering her face. His dragon-like feet sank through her arms like wet tissue paper and his wings were beating madly as if he was a bird of prey trying to shake it's victim to death and fly away with it's corpse. Arbis screamed and Natsu jumped away, he reared back and opened his mouth to fire a huge beam of fire at Arbis. Her wounds healed quickly and she held out her hands in the same formation as Zeref once did for his Death Pillar spell.

    "Poisonous Barrage!" She shouted and a huge beam of purple-green poison flew from her hands and met with the fire head on. The two attacks exploded on impact, the force of the impact caused the entire castle to shudder and quake. Through the poisonous mist I saw them fighting, fire flashes and some new beams of neon green poison sparks blazing.

    "NATSU!" I cried and stood up shakily. Guildarts grabbed my arm gently.

    "Lucy, stop. Don't get involved, I don't want you or anyone else to get hurt," He said calmly.

    "I don't care! Natsu's in there and fighting an immortal alone! He could die!" I shouted and looked over at the building. Natsu was flung out of the green smoke and he coughed blood, not to mention that blood was streaming out of his eyes as if his tears were replaced by the crimson liquid. He roared and jumped back in with his body on fire.

    "... Listen, we both know that Natsu is more than capable of defending himself, and I don't doubt his strength. He may look and act differently, but Natsu is still Natsu, he must have been possessed or something, but I know that he's still in there and fighting. We cannot lose faith in him, we need to trust that he could pull through this, and I know that he will, the only time Natsu ever gives up is when he knows he couldn't win or when he's dead. And obviously Natsu knows he could win. Believe in him, kids, but for right now we have more important matters at hand," Guildarts said. "We still have a war to win. Now listen closely,

    "Lucy and Erza, I need you to stay with Mirajane and try to revive her, only fight when the fight comes to you. Me and Gray will join in the actual war and try to protect anyone in need. Don't kill and don't get killed (A/N: The queen of references has returned!). Ready to go? We move out in three, two, one!" We thrust our hands in the air with our index and thumbs sticking out. "WE ARE FAIRY TAIL!" We split up and ran to our designated roles, I made sure to retrieve the book of E.N.D. while I was at it.