Fairy Tail Chapter 490 Review *Warning of Rant and Spoilers*

We have been waiting for a bit to tell us more about Eileen and how Fairy Tail could react to Gajeel's "death", I was hoping this would be the chapter that would be just as interesting, but Hiro Mashima just shoved a huge middle finger in our faces with the Spoilers and the chapter. All in all, this chapter was an extreme disappointment, but it wasn't the chapter itself, it was the ending. And it was the ending that killed it, so this chapter gets a 5/10.

     We started out with Mavis waking up and dressing her nude self in an illusion of clothes where we came upstairs and met Zeref. Zeref was so chill even though he claimed that he too was perplexed with the changes of the battlefield. Mavis asks what business he has being here, and Zeref being the insane savage that he was, says "And what business do you have in being alive?" And I was hyped!

     Then we switched to Natsu, Lucy, and Happy. Natsu was mounted on Lucy and was groping her, Lucy was calm about this since this became the norm for Natsu. Hiro needs to chill out with the fan service. They say that they were missing Mest and Brandish and were teleported to a completely different place, everyone else in the guild faces the same thing.

     Master, Mira, Lisanna, and the other Fairy Tail members are in a completely different place and are preparing for battle against an upcoming Alverez Army while Warren stares at his device and says how much the geography of Fiore has changed.

     Brandish expresses how mutual she is in the war when she heals August, she obviously isn't on either side of the fight for now. August and Zeref both explain Eileen's magic and claim that Fiore is smaller than before with mash ups of both sides to be scattered all over the air. In between panels we see Eileen in the Princess's chair and say how this spell was her first time casting it, but from her position we see that she's near Natsu, Lucy, and Happy so we could see an upcoming fight.

     Then there's the final panel... Fucking Gajeel is alive and we see Zera again... That's all there was to it. Now let's begin my little rant of this chapter.

-----------

     I had all the evidence to indicate that Gajeel was dead, that he was supposed to be dead, that there was no way in bloody hell that he was alive! But guess the fuck what! Screw logic, screw science, screw character development, screw plot! EVERYONE IN FUCKING FAIRY TAIL IS IMMORTAL! Oh Gajeel's body was turned into Magic Barrier Particles? Pfft, screw that I'll just use some random bullshit to unify him! Oh Natsu is sucked into a void? Use the power of fucking Nakama and badabing badaboom he's out! Then there's Zera who died 100 years ago with no curse or resurrection? Fuck that she's here now! Hiro you better have a damn good explanation for this! Gajeel's death would have had an amazing impact on the story, Levy would try harder, Fairy Tail would finally go all out, and it would give Natsu another reason for killing Zeref! But nope! Let's bring him back! For what exactly? So the GaLe fangirls don't kill me that's why, I never gave a shit about how the story goes anyways!

     ... I'm so done with Fairy Tail right now... Fairy Tail is my life and I'm actually considering dropping it because I am fed up with Mashima's resurrection bullshit... So many times characters should have died... but no, let's bring them back for fuck know's what reason... I'm done with this shit, I'm done... I'll upload a new chapter later but... I'm done (leaves).