Chapter Fourty-Two: Friend or Foe, Which Way Will You Go?

E.N.D.

     I was so close to finishing her off, I was so fucking close! I saw the fear in her eyes and felt her body quake, I knew that if I fought like a monster I would have a better chance of beating the immortal. But what in the name of hell is Kiminari doing here? I remembered enough to recall that she was with Fairy Tail, I still see the embalm printed on her collar bone. I was so fucking close...

    "Kiminari, what are you doing here?!" I demanded, glaring at her.

    "Unfortunately I cannot allow you to kill Arbis," She said somewhat calmly.

    "And why the hell not? Weren't you making a big scene in the past about how you hated Arbis and how you wished to kill her? Why get in my path!?" I roared.

    "Have you seriously forgotten the life links, Natsu? Demons like us were made with etherion, and life links placed on us by our creators are the only way we are living, if not for it we would die regardless of their own fates! If you slay Arbis now how could I pay amends?" She suddenly shouted.

    "You call yourself a loyal being when all you care about is your own figure and your own impact! This bitch hurt everyone, more than the humans ever deserved! And no, I have not forgotten about the reason for Life Links between creator and creature, it's just that I don't care," I said.

    "I may hate Arbis but she's still my creator, and if you want to get to her you're going to have to get trough me!" She shouted and forced herself into a fighting position with her snake like tail swaying side to side. "And stop talkin' lika smartass just because you got your memories back."

     As I got myself into the same position as I began reflecting on the time spent with the humans. If I recalled correctly, Kiminari was always reluctant and cautious. However she seems serious and confident enough to go up against me. I only recently got my powers and memories back, Kiminari on the other hand, must have had her form much longer than I have so she won't be as wobbly. She may not be as much of a threat as Arbis, but an opponent is still an opponent. I spread my wings and wiped my face clean of the smile I recently wore.

     She vanished in an instant but I heard the whoosh of air, I looked over my shoulder to my right to see her kick into my thigh with superhuman speed and strength. The impact was so hard it sent me flying out the closest window. I cried out in pain but righted myself to arrow straight down. I spread my wings and flapped them as hard as I could so I could sail back through the air. I turned around and saw Kiminari standing by the shattered window. Her black eyes glued on me with absolute hatred and anger. She became a flash of lightning as she shot towards me. I decided to use my own speed and dodged her attack. She flew at me with surprising speed and delivered a roundhouse kick to my head, I ducked underneath it and slashed at her exposed thigh. She cried out and suddenly vanished, she appeared right behind me and punched my back with the force of an earth quake. My wings turned into blue fire that snaked out from my back and quickly caught her by the neck, it threw her in front of me so I could use an attack on her.

    "Fiery Demonic Dance!" I shouted, she dodged almost all the lances and fire arms launched at her. I waited until she got too cocky to use another attack. "Hell Fire!" I shouted and launched the fire from the magic circle to go at her. Kiminari tried dodging but it wasn't enough and she got enveloped in the burning fire, her screams audible all round the battlefield.

     When she got through the attack I flew at her and punched her cross the face, uppercut her, kneed her gut and use my wings to slap her out of the sky. She wasn't moving when she was falling so I flew down at her with my body on fire. "Fire Dragon's Sword Horn!" I shouted the familiar attack and dived down at her, I caught her between my horns and flew down to earth with her. We crashed through a cobblestone wall and through a huge rock. I twisted last moment before we crashed into the three female humans to twist my head and slam Kiminari against the ground. Blood flew from her mouth as she coughed and spat to get air in her lungs.