PART. 2 - Family Problems

Toby's P.O.V

While I was in my bed with the flu sick as a dog, my mother came in with medicine and chicken noodle soup. She sat on my bed and set the soup on my bedside table and held a spoon with the dark purple, disgusting liquid.

I gagged at the sight and looked away while covering my mouth. My mom rolled her eyes and lightly smiled.

"Come on Toby. Open you mouth so I can put this in your mouth. You'll feel better after this, okay? She said. I still covered my mouth, not giving in. She sighed and set the spoon down. And after that, she forced my hands off and quickly grabbed the spoon and jabbed it in my mouth. I quickly swallowed it and glared at her.

" Now Toby, we know you can't keep doing this every time you get sick, you know that?" She politely asked. I glared at her and quietly said, "Well, its not like dad could be here to help." But she did heard me, because I felt a smack on my cheek. My mom slapped me!

She held her hands to her mouth, covering her mouth while tears blurred her hazel eyes and hugged me tightly. "I'm so sorry baby, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean too. I just got... upset." She whispered.

But I knew what I said and did deserved it. My so-called man of a dad was arrested for the last time for being drunk all of the time and abused my mom, 15 year old sister, Ashley, and me. 3 times of the nightmare, it was over after the third time. And after that, my mom changed. She didn't think about finding another man and only focused on taking care of Ashley and I.

"I'm sorry mom, I deserved it anyway." "No, no you didn't. You were just...stating the obvious." She said. Letting go, she kissed my forehead and walked out and let me eat my soup. My mind crossed over to Blossom. I nearly forgot about her! I couldn't believe that I left her when she's getting bullied! I gotta get better fast, I don't want to think about what they could do to her now. I hope she's okay so far...