Chapter Twenty-Three Cyrus' POV

Felix's Sister

Chapter Twenty-Three
Cyrus' POV

The Shadow dropped us on the island early the next morning. I tried to keep from landing on my ankle but even so, it slammed into the ground and shot pain up my leg. I let out a cry of agony and curled up, grabbing my leg.

"Are you alright?" Kian asked, putting his hand on my arm.

"Give me a minute," I said through gritted teeth.

After a moment, I sat up, the pain still there but not as bad. Kian offered me his hand and I took it, pulling myself up with his help. I started toward Neal's camp, where Felix would be if he hadn't gotten away by now.

Kian tried to help me walk but I pushed him away every time he touched me and grabbed a tree branch for support instead. "You've been acting different lately," he said after a while.

"How so?" I asked.

He put his hand on my shoulder and I shook it away. "Like that," he replied. "Ever since I... you know, hit you, you've been acting strange. You haven't been talking much, and you brush me off every time I touch you."

"Maybe I don't want to be hit again," I said plainly.

"Hey," he grabbed my shoulder and turned me to face him. "It was an accident. It won't happen again."

"That's what you said last time," I said bitterly.

"Cyrus," he cupped my face with his hands. "I swear, I won't let myself do that to you again."

I pulled away from him. "I don't want your promises, Kian," I said. "What good are they if you don't stick to them?"

"Cyrus–"

"Shut up," I snapped, clenching my fists. "I came here to find my brother, not argue with you. We'll talk about this later, ok?"

I turned around and continued to walk toward the camp. "Could this sudden attitude change have anything to do with Peter?" he asked. "Or should I say 'Pan?'"

I hesitated. "You figured out who he was pretty quickly."

"I'm not stupid, Cyrus," he stated. "Neverland; a boy named Peter; it wasn't a difficult mystery to solve. So, does he have something to do with it?"

"No," I replied, though I wasn't sure if I was lying or not.

"Please don't insult my intelligence," he took a breath. "You like him, don't you?"

"I'm not doing this with you right now."

"You didn't answer me."

I crossed my arms and turned to face him. "I don't think you trust me," I said, feeling somewhat upset by this.

"Don't try and turn this conversation on me."

"Then shut up and leave me alone."

Kian kept his mouth shut and I turned away again. Soon, I heard voices and after a few more minutes, entered a clearing. "Cyrus," Mary-Margaret said in shock. "where have you been?"

"Pan took me to New York," I replied and motioned toward the cast on my leg. "I hurt my ankle and he said he wanted to help me but..." I cleared my throat. "Where's Felix?"

"He escaped," she replied, then looked behind me. "Who's your friend?"

"I'm Kian," he said. "And I'm not just some 'friend'; I'm her boyfriend."