Chapter Twenty-Seven Cyrus' POV

Felix's Sister

Chapter Twenty-Seven
Cyrus' POV

Neither Pan nor Felix came back that day but they both came the next, shortly after sundown. Pan yelled my name from outside and I walked to the exit, looking down to find them looking up. "Why don't you come down and play?" Pan offered.

"What's the catch?" I asked.

"No catch," he replied. "Come on before I change my mind."

I glanced at the cast on my leg, wondering how I was to climb down with it on. The torture from the Pit of Nightmares had made me forget about the pain from my fractured ankle but now it was back. I waved my hand over the cast and it shimmered before disappearing completely. I moved my ankle a bit before starting down the ladder.

"You didn't come back yesterday," I said to Felix.

"I know," he sighed, glancing at Pan. "I couldn't; I'm sorry."

I frowned and looked at Pan. "So what's the occasion?" I asked and he raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Why do I get to leave the treehouse?"

"We are having a celebration," Pan replied.

"A celebration for what?"

"The recapture of Henry."

I felt my stomach drop. Neal went out to find Henry a few days ago. Recapture. He found him, then. How did Pan manage to get him back so quickly?

"Oh," I muttered.

They lead me back to camp, where the Lost Boys were dancing around the fire victoriously. I noticed Henry on the other side of the camp, asleep. I walked over to him and sat down, trying to wake him up. "He'll be out for a few more hours," Pan said, walking up to me. "Until then, why don't you join in with the festivities?" He motioned to the dancing boys.

"I'd rather not," I replied.

He shrugged. "Your choice."

He walked away, playing his flute as he watched the celebration. I observed from the sidelines, as I usually did when with large groups of people. After a while, Felix walked up to me. He handed me a pair of sticks, like the ones the Lost Boys beat together while they danced. "You should dance with them," he said.

I raised an eyebrow. "It's not really my thing," I said.

"So?" he asked. "Neverland is a place for you to be childish so why don't you?"

"Maybe some other time, Felix."

He sighed and sat beside me. As I studied the sticks he had given me, I found myself hitting them to the the best of the music around me. From the corner of my eye, I could see Felix smile. Finally, I stood up, grabbing his hand and tugging him toward the circle of boys. "Come dance with me," I said.

"Cyrus," he complained. "I don't want to."

"Please?" I begged, giving him puppy eyes.

He let out a breath, defeated by his little sister. "Alright."

Together, we jumped around the fire and I clapped the sticks together, creating a rhythm to dance by. I smiled at my brother, who returned it before grabbing my hand and spinning me. I laughed as I continued dancing alongside the Lost Boys. I could feel Pan watching me as I did and ignored it for a while.

I don't know how long I had been dancing when I felt magic wash over me. I looked down at myself and saw that my clothes had changed to be a short dress with leggings and a hooded cape. They had patches of green and brown on them, much like Pan's clothes. I stared across the fire at him; he was still working on his woodcarving project but I could see the smirk he was trying to hide.

I walked over to him and before I could ask anything, he said, "You're acting like a Lost Girl so you may as well dress the part."

I furrowed my brows and shook my head. "I'm not a Lost Girl," I told him.

He smirked. "I think you are."

"But I'm not."

"Just wait and see, Cyrus," he said. "You know you're a Lost Girl; you just don't want to accept it yet."

"I think you just don't want to accept that I'm not."

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"I see the way you look at me, the way you treat me," I said. "Like it or not, you care about me and don't want me to leave."

He raised an eyebrow. "Do I, now?" he asked.

"You do."

"And just how would you know this?"

"Pan, I'm one of the strongest beings that ever lived," I told him. "I can feel your emotions toward me."

He tensed, locking the depths of his mind so I couldn't read what he was feeling. "I guess I'll have to be more careful about keeping my walls up."

He stood up and walked away before I could think of anything else.