Chapter Forty Cyrus' POV

Felix's Sister

Chapter Forty
Cyrus's POV

I reappeared in the room and glanced over at Felix. He was still asleep. I crept over to my bed and sat down. I let out a shaky breath, trying to hold back my tears. I looked at my dress and scowled. I turned it into a tank-top and sweatpants then climbed under the covers of the bed. I turned away from Felix and curled up, tears starting to slip down my cheeks. Quietly, I began to sob, trying not to wake up my brother with my crying.

I finally managed to fall asleep a while later. I was woken up at eight a.m. by Felix. "Cyrus," he said, shaking me. "I'm going for breakfast; are you coming?"

I waved him away, not bothering to look at him. "No."

"Ok." I heard him walk toward the door, but then he stopped. "Oh yeah, I woke up last night and you were gone. Where were you?"

I closed my eyes for a moment. "I couldn't sleep," I replied tiredly. "I went for a walk."

"Why were you crying when you got back?"

I looked at him, eyebrow raised. "I wasn't?" I said slowly.

"Please don't lie to me," he said, almost pleadingly. "What happened?"

I shook my head. "Nothing," I insisted, then yawned. "I wanna go back to sleep; go away."

"Fine," he let out a breath. "Do you want me to bring you anything?"

"No."

He left and I laid back down, sighing. I curled back into a ball, bringing the blankets up and over my shoulders. About twenty minutes later- when I was almost asleep, I heard someone knock on the door. I groaned and pulled the comforter over my head.

"Cyrus?" a British voice said from the hallway.

"Go away!" I yelled.

"I just want to talk," Pan said. "Can I come in?"

"If you do, I'll have you arrested for breaking and entering!"

"I think it's worth the risk."

The voice was closer this time and I shot up from bed, glaring at him. "Get out of here," I growled.

"No," he stated. He looked genuinely concerned about what had happened. "Look, I'm sorry about last night-"

"I'd rather not talk about it," I said, struggling to keep my voice even.

"I just... I want to help."

"You can't." I fell back on the bed and turned away from him. "Just leave me alone..."

He sat on the bed next to me. "I will not."

I looked at him. "If you don't get away from me, I will hurt you."

"You've threatened me many times, Cyrus," he said. "I'm not afraid of you."

I grabbed his arm, sending a shock through it and the rest of his body. He jumped and pushed himself about a foot away from me. "That was rude," he muttered.

I shook my head and turned away from him again. "What was he like?" he asked.

"Who?"

"Sawyer."

I bit my tounge to hold back my tears. "He was... very happy," I said. "He didn't care who you were; he was nice to you no matter what... He looked just like his father, dark brown hair and blue eyes. Had his confidence, too. Sawyer..."

I trailed off, sniffling and wiping my eyes.

"Keep going," he said gently.

I took a shaky breath. "Sawyer was brave and he stood up for anyone that couldn't stand up for themselves. He never... he never ran away when I lost control of my magic. H-he made things better for me."