Chapter 20- Questions

"Kristen!"

I turned my head to where I was being called.

"Yeah?"

"What are you starring at?" Lily came running to my side.

"I- nothing. Come on lets go dance or something."

I was about to pull her back to the center of the patio. But she beat me to it and pulled me back to her.

"I know somethings up with you. Were you crying? What happened?"

"Alot. I'll explain to you tomorrow. I dont want anyone to know anything right now."

"Ok." We walked together to the patio and "danced". Well Lily was the only one dancing. All I did was move side to side. The guys all joined in one by one. We had a great time. Eventually I forgot about what had happened. Beside the fact that Kendall and I avoided eachother all night. And everytime James passed by me he would give this face like 'I know what you did'.

Anyways, they gave me presents, which I didnt open, we cut a cake, and by 2 am everyone started leaving. Carlos, James and I cleaned up a bit and started making out way inside. Carlos went upstairs to change, while me and James sat on the couch.

"James, um, could you..please not tell anyone about what you saw? Please."

"Why would you guys want to keep it a secret? I mean if youre together-"

"We're not together. It just happened. I dont know how."

"Ok. I wont tell anyone. But eventually you're going to have to talk to Kendall again."

"I will. Just as soon as the shock goes away."

"Alright. I'm gonna head home. Tell Carlos I'll see him in the morning. See ya later."

"Kay, bye." We waved goodbye and he walked out the door. Carlos came down stairs a couple minutes later wearing his pj's.

"Hey, arent you gonna change?"

"Later. I wanna open the presents everyone gave me."

"Open away!" He sat next to me and handed me bags and boxes.

I opened each one. A bag from Lily, a nice shirt from Logan, a giftcard to Forever 21 from Alex, shoes from James. And nothing from Kendall.

"You like what you got?" Carlos asked me.

"Yeah. Everyone knows my taste of choice."

"Whats wrong with you? You sound sad."

"Im fine. I guess Im just tired."

"Go get some sleep. We'll clean this up in the morning."

"Ok. Goodnight."

"Night."

We both went into our rooms. I closed the door and layed on my bed. Kendall didnt get me anything. I honestly couldnt care less, but it hurt at the same time. And that kiss. I couldnt stop thinking about it. How did it happen? Why didnt I pull back or something? Why didnt I think about Carlos? I was so confused at that moment.

Then there was the car. Why was my dad here? How long was he there for? Did he see Kendall and me kiss? What if?

What if he comes back? All these questions made me so eager to go check on my home. My head turned from the window to the door. I could quickly go check. Carlos has a bike on the porch. I want to know whats going on. I changed out of the dress into jeans and a t-shirt. Quietly, I poked my head out of the door. Carlos' door was open. He could hear me leave. So I went though the window. There was a tree right in front. All I did was climb down it. I ran to the bike and rode to my house.