Chapter 19- Even More Surprises

"How did you guys plan all of this!?" I tried to talk while still choking back my tears.

"We have our ways." Kendall said as he walked up to me and gave me a tight hug.

"Happy birthday. You deserve all of this and so much more." He said in the softest, sweetest voice I've ever heard from a guy.

"Thank you." His words touched me. Very deeply. It made a single tear escape my eye. I quickly wiped it off and turned back to everyone else.

"So has this party started or not!?" I said excitedly. Carlos immidiatly ran to the stereo and turned it up. Slowly, all of them came up to me and hugged me.

"Congrats! Youre legal in less than three hours!" Lily said when it was her turn to give me her happy wishes. "This is your day ok? Enjoy it."

"I will. Thanks Lil. For always being there for me."

"What are friends for? Now come on lets turn this party up!" She started pulling me to the center of the patio and tried to get me to dance.

"Lily no! I dont dance!"

"Come on its easy!" I laughed as she grabbed my arms and started moving them in awkward ways. There was no way I was dancing in front of the guys. Not with my kind of moves. All I can do is the sprinkler.

"Lily!" I finally managed to pull away from her grip. "I'm gonna go inside and touch up. I'll be right back."

"Ok. But come back with your groove on got it!"

"Yes ma'am!" She laughed and turned to talk with the boys. I made my way inside and into my room. This day has been pretty insane. But now, I feel calm. Im happy here. These guys are all I need to be happy. I looked in the mirror and started touching up a bit. Just a little. I began to head back downstairs to the backyard, but instead, I went outside to the front yard. It was a beautiful night. Clear sky, full moon, twinkling stars. I took a seat on the small bench Carlos had on the porch, and just starred up at the sky. All I could think of right now is mom. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. I missed her so much. I wish she was sitting next to me right now. I wanted to thank her. To hug her. To tell her everything thats been going on. To ask her for advice. But she wasnt here. And that was a reality I couldnt change.

"Hey." I suddenly heard a voice coming from my right. My eyes opened and my head automatically turned in surprise.

"Hey Kendall, whats up?"

"Well I was about to ask you the same thing. Youve been gone for about 15 minutes now." He walked over and took a seat next to me.

"I've just...I've been thinking."

"About what?"

"My mom."

"Oh." He looked down not knowing how to respond.

"Its just...I've forgotten what it feels like to have her around. I have no one to ask for advice. I hardly remember anything about her."

He put his arm on my shoulder. I felt the tears start to fill my eyes once again. "Im so sorry about everything thats happened to you. I wish I could change everything thats happened in your life and make it a fairytale."

"Kendall fairytales arent real. Theres no princess. No knight in shining armor that rescues the princess. No dragon or fairy godmother." Before I knew it I was crying. This time I couldnt control it. I couldnt make the tears stop. Kendall wrapped his arms around me. I cried on his shoulder as he tried to calm me down.

"Listen to me. Im gonna make sure you get that fairytale ending ok?"

"And how are you going to do that?"

He gently grabbed my head and made me look straight into his deep green eyes.

"It doesnt matter. I promise. I promise youre gonna get the happy ending."

Then it slowly happened. I starred into his eyes. He starred at mine. We leaned in and our lips touched. He lips were so soft. He was so gentle. I felt as if there was nobody in the world but us.

"Hey Kenda- WHOA!" James stood in front of us in shock. We quickly pulled away. "Did...did I interrupt?"

"No. Ummm.." Kendall looked at the ground blushing.

"We were about to head inside."

"Yeah! Yeah we're ready to party again! Come on guys!" Kendall said trying to sound calm. The three of us started making our way back to the loud music. Just as James was about to close the gate, I looked out into the street one last time. Thats when I saw it. The car. The same red car that was at my graduation this morning. The same car my dad has been driving since I was five. And he was inside. Starring in my direction. When he caught my glare he quickly drove away. And the street was empty once again.