Chapter 10- The Unexpected

(Kristen's P.O.V)

We just got out of school about 10 minutes ago. Since its the last week of school i dont have any homework, so Logan, Lily, Alex, and me decided to go to the beach. Its was only a mile away, but Alex insisted on taking the bus. I see Kendall about to cross the street. I run up to him and scare him.

"Kristen! What was that!?" He asked partly laughing and screaming at the same time.

" That was me scaring you!" I answered with my arms crossed on my chest. I can hear Logan Lily and Alex laughing as they caught up behind me.

"Oh guys! This is Kendall! I kind of met him today but he's really nice!" I said turning towards them and putting my arm around Kendall's neck.

"Nice to meet you Kendall." "Whats up." "Hey" They replied all together. Kendall smiled shyly showing him dimples. He had a cute smile, i had to admit that.

"Hey, we're about to go to the beach. Wanna come with us?" I looked at Kendall waiting for an answer. He thought about it for a bit.

"Yeah sure, if its ok with you guys?" He shot a look towards the others.

"Its ok with me." logan said clapping his hands together then putting his arm on Lily, leaning on her. I saw her look down and blush. "Same here." She said quietly.

"Yeah me too! The more the merrier right?" We looked at Alex. He seemed to be in a happy mood?

"Well! Lets get going!" We crossed the street just in time to catch the bus. We all hopped on and headed to the beach.

(Carlos's P.O.V)

"But i dont know what I feel for her ok!? I see her as a sister, but also something else. I just dont know." I plopped myself on the couch as i talked to James. I turned the tv on and James at next to me.

"Listen man, I honestly think she's got a thing for you." I sighed.

"How do you know? Can you read minds or something?"

"Well no. But i can read looks. Havent you noticed? She gives you these sweet puppy eyes all the time, and i can see that you have a thing for her too."

"Thats the thing James! I dont know what thing I have for her!" I stood up kind of frustrated and walked to the kitchen to get myself a bottle of water. James got up and followed me there.

"You said her birthday was this weekend right?"

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked him taking a sip of my water.

"Well throw her a party! She told us what shes been through, and i think she deserves this." I raised an eyebrow.

"What does this have to do with my....thing...for her?"

James sighed and rolled his eyes. "Show her how much you care and express your feelings! Make it a special night for her!" James walked passed me and opened the fridge grabbing a water bottle for himself. I stood there thinking about what he just said. It was a good idea actually.

"So what do you think?" He walked back standing in front of me.

"If I throw a party, will you help me make it a surprise?" He smiled brightly.

"Sure! Tell Logan later on and invite her friends and stuff!"

"I dont know her friends, but Logan does."

"Then its settled! We'll throw her the best party ever! And then she'll realize that you care about her!" He nudged my shoulder and sat back down to the couch. I smiled to myself. Maybe this will work. Unless im mixing up my feelings for her? No, of course i have feelings for her. But what if she doesnt have the same feelings for me? Well i guess I'll have to find out on Saturday. I walked to the couch and took my seat next to James and started planning the big surprise.