Chapter 2- A Friendly Face

(Kristen's P.O.V continued)

Somehow I ended up in the nearby park. It wasn't so far from my house, I guess its reasonable I ended up here.

I walked along the path heading towards the lake. To my left was the playground, where I saw a bunch of happy families. I felt the pain of being alone again. It hurt seeing the people around you being so happy when you felt so miserable on the inside.

I looked in my bag for my phone and dialed Lily. She's been my friend for as long as I can remember. And she's always there for me, along with Alex. Were always together, but lately we've been drifting away somehow. I hated it.

"Hello?" I heard Lily talk from the other side of the phone line.

"Hey Lil, what's up?" I tried sounding as calm as possible, but my voice was still shaky.

"Nothing much, just home watching Pretty Little Liars. You alright? You sound like you've been crying or something?" Of course she could tell, she's my best friend. We know eachother like we were the same person.

"Its alright, I'm fine don't worry about it. Are you busy or have any plans later?"

"No I'm free! But really are you ok Kris?"

"Yes I'm fine Lily!" I forced a small giggle. "Wanna go to the mall later?"

"Are you really asking me that?! Of course I wanna go!"

"Hahaha this is why were bff's! So meet you there in an hour?"

"Heck yeah! I'll get ready! See ya there!"

"Mmk bye!"

Hopefully this day will turn out better than it started. Lily always knew how to cheer me up. Her bubbly mood made anyones day.

There was a lake up ahead next to the path. Maybe I can stop there for a while and clear my mind. But first I had to walk up this hill to the top.

This is one of the reason why I hate coming to the park. Mud, hills, dog poop. But I enjoy the peace around here. So calm. Full of cheer and laughter. I close my eyes as I continue walking up the hill.

"Heads up below!" I heard someone call from the top. Then some boy came out of nowhere riding a skateboard!

"Whoa whoa watch out!" We both screamed as he collided into me. We both landed on the floor, me on top of him. I ended up staring at his beautiful eyes...and that's when I felt like my whole world, got better.